The Greatest TV Shows of All Time Part 2: HA HA! Comedy Illustrated

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Okay, I had to look this one up.

Sledge Hammer!
is a 1986 comedy that I was unaware of, apparently running for two seasons. Like Action (an unfortunately cancelled Fox series lampooning Hollywood), it looks like a short-live satire.

Have to admit, not many things are named I've never heard of, so ... to quote Abed, "Cool Cool."
Look up the intro theme to Sledge Hammer, it's pretty great.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Okay, I had to look this one up.

Sledge Hammer! is a 1986 comedy that I was unaware of, apparently running for two seasons. Like Action (an unfortunately cancelled Fox series lampooning Hollywood), it looks like a short-live satire.

Have to admit, not many things are named I've never heard of, so ... to quote Abed, "Cool Cool."
Sledge Hammer was basically a parody of Dirty Harry. The pilot is a laugh riot, you can probably skip the rest of it. Oh, and this is one show that ends incredible, there is no chance for a sequel :)

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
M*A*S*H
All in the Family
Happy Days
Saturday Night Live
Carol Burnett Show

SNL - You have to sift through the actors and years. There are a lot of hits but also a lot of duds mixed together.
AitF - I was not old enough to understand this in real time, but after it ended I figured it out watching reruns.

LoganRan

Explorer
1. Seinfeld (any list which does not have this show at the top is incorrect!)
2. The Office (U.S. version)
3. Veep
4. The Larry Sanders Show
5. Curb Your Enthusiasm

I refuse to play by the rules (CN???) and will only list five shows.

Edit:
part 4 is a set of dinner steak knives and part 5 is you're fired
Oh, Snarf, a valiant effort but if you are going to include a quote from a great film, you MUST get it correct...Coffee is for closers only!

Last edited:

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
My list in no particular order.

1. M.A.S.H.
2. The Three Stooges
3. Seinfeld
4. 3rd Rock From the Sun
5. Cheers
6. Home Improvement
7. Big Bang Theory
8. Get Smart
9. Gilligan's Island
10. Night Court

Honorable Mentions: Two and a Half Men, Soap and Mork and Mindy

Ryujin

Legend
Lots of great stuff in the lists but when the words "comedy TV" are mentioned, there are two shows that immediately come to mind; "Police Squad", that spawned the "Naked Gun" series of movies, and "Sledge Hammer!", another police comedy.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Lots of great stuff in the lists but when the words "comedy TV" are mentioned, there are two shows that immediately come to mind; "Police Squad", that spawned the "Naked Gun" series of movies, and "Sledge Hammer!", another police comedy.

I remember that!!

Remove ads