THE HEROES OF DYVERS CHAPTER 7: CLARE'S ERRAND

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
GM:
SUPPLEMENTAL INFO:
It takes 4 rounds (24 seconds) to search a typical 10 x 10 dungeon square.

That means that in 40 rounds (240 seconds, or 4 minutes) you can progress 10 squares (100 ft.) down a given hallway.

The information that I need from Tam, IN THIS ORDER, is as follows:

1) If you check a square for traps, find none, and then set off a trap, will that discourage you from proceeding? (Simple YES / NO will suffice.)

2) Against an unknown DC, make as many checks as squares that you wish to search. (4 checks = needed to search one 10 x 10 square; to check 100 feet (10 squares on dungeon map) will require 40 rolls. All rolls will be using the SEARCH skill.)

Last edited:

Damionte

Explorer
:: Duncan & Company ::

Listening to the story Duncan comments, while he waits for their little friend to clear the path ahead. "That sort of drama is why you should learn to stay on your own path. Taking on missions and responsibilities for greater powers can only lead to folly. Even their blessings will be turned against y....." He notes Travis breathing heavily. "Hey , Trav, you ok man what's wrong."

Travis responds to him sounding far braver than normal. "Ankharet must die!"
Duncan holds his hands up, "Whoa whoa, where's all this coming from."

Travis interupts him. "She dared slay a holy dragon, and bring all of this death on the world. Ankharet must die!"

Ebony pats Travis on the his other shoulder. "Hey Trav I rather enjoyed the story too but come on it was just...."

Lenny joins in with his brother. "Ankeret must die! It is written!"

Duncan.... "Okay not you too. Really, now now sure. Someone is probably destined to kill that thing but when did you two get filled with delusions of grandeur."

Ebony chimes in. "Yeah, you've had dragon powers for all of like... a fortnight now you're the defenders of dragon kind. You two couldn't even guard a pie a month ago."

Lenny & Trav in unison. "Ankharet must die!"
Ebony and Duncan look at each other, then the rest of the party. and Ebony sighs. "That's going to get old.." Duncan replies. "That's going to get us all killed before too long."

The twins start chest bumping and pumping themselves up for a fight that's not yet here.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
GM: Rolled 2 more times for Tam, to make it an even twenty feet (Two 10 x 10 dungeon squares.) Results: 32, 17. So total array = 30,15,25,23,14,21,32,17.

Tam, you spend 8 rounds (48 seconds) searching the first twenty feet worth of hallway for traps. So far, so good. You don't see any traps as you advance down the hallway, nor do you set off any. How much father would you like to go on your second attempt?

GM: DM HOUSEKEEPING: -8 rounds to all previous spell durations.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
As the party is standing around, watching Tam's progress, the axe decides to speak up.

Val says, "Are all of you Pidgeons daft?!? Why doesn't someone throw a lit coin down the hallway, to at least get an idea of how long it is?"

Vale says nothing, although he appears deep in thought. ~Hmmm. The loudmouth has a point. A lit coin might reveal something. And I doubt something so small would set off any traps.~

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Tam, you have now made it a total of 40 feet down the hallway. Above your head, Sylvar's spell winks out of existence, having reached its one minute duration.

GM: The lights must stay within a 10' radius of EACH OTHER, but they can extend up to 230 ft. away from Sylvar. Thus, Sylvar can simply stay in the room, unless he actually WANTS to follow Tam down the hallway. The light illuminates a 20 ft. area around Tam very brightly, and an additional radius of 20 ft. very dimly. The downside to this spell, of course, is that (being only 1st level) its duration is only 1 minute.

Tam, you still haven't found any traps at this point, nor have you set any off.

GM: DM HOUSEKEEPING: -16 rounds to all previous spell durations. The Haste spell has now ended.

TAM: What next?

Diarmadhim

Explorer
Dewydd

Hearing the predicament, I start to prepare myself to cast a Dancing Lights of my own. Thinking better, I fly down the hall to just behind Tam. Unclasping my cloak, I place it on his shoulders. It turns into a sparkling mantle of tiny cascading stars, shedding light as a torch. "This should protect you from most non-magical traps and also potentially reduce any damage you take should you trigger a magical trap. Let me know when you need me. I'm going to finish writing the story from the hieroglyphs down," I finish with a smile before flying back to the room with the currently dormant guardians.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases