THE HEROES OF DYVERS CHAPTER 7: CLARE'S ERRAND

Waynan

Adventurer
Tam, nods his appreciation, too humbled and awestruck by the loan to blurt out a simple "Thanks."

He does get back to the business at hand, though.

For the next 20 ft...and beyond:
Rolls: 26,25,31, 28, 17, 20, 24, 21, 25, 27, 14, 16.

Last edited:

Diarmadhim

Explorer
Dewydd

"No problem - just be careful with it. It's the most expensive item I own. Only my lands cost more."
With a subdued chuckle I add in a somber tone, "should you accidentally trigger any traps or suffer an ambush while searching this hall, it should buy you the time we need to come to your aid."

Waynan

Adventurer
Tam understands the value . As previously posted, he continues down the hall much more confident than before.

(OOC: See the previous post for Tam's rolls. Thanks.)

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Tam gets another 20 feet down the hallway; nothing so far.

The hallway STILL extends well beyond Tam's light radius, even with the use of Dewydd's cloak.

Val remarks, "Wake me up when this snooze fest is over. You guys beat everything I've ever seen. You rush headlong into battle without fear. But down a clear hallway, you crawl like timid babies."

DURATIONS: (Original duration) [Current count against duration, in rounds]
Fly: Less than 12 mins (117 rounds) [-24]
Armor: 24 hours (14,400 rounds) [-24]
Shield: Less than 24 minutes (237 rounds) [-24]
Alter Self: Less than 120 minutes (1197 rounds) [-24]
Dragonskin: Less than 120 minutes (1197 rounds) [-24]
Prot. vs. Evil: Less than 24 minutes (237 rounds) [-24]
Blur: Less than 12 mins (117 rounds) [-24]

EVERYONE: What do you do now?

Waynan

Adventurer
Tam grows suspicious and calls back to his friends: "Friend Sylvar, Dewydd, Respen...ah, this hallway seems excessively long. I see no end to it yet. Could someone cast a Detect Magic, or whatever spell it is you use, to find out if this is an illusion and I'm going over the same old ground."

Diarmadhim

Explorer
Dewydd
"Erm... Ahem..."
I clear my throat, blush slightly and look off to the side before continuing, "I actually only have one casting of Detect Magic prepared... With all of the hullabaloo getting my lands in order, I haven't had a spare moment to prepare a proper adventuring kit with spare scrolls of utility spells. I think we're good for now and I trust your ability to detect even traps of a magical nature."

Diarmadhim

Explorer
Dewydd

"Perhaps we can just check the far-right side of the hallway and only the width we need - say five feet - to traverse it to its end? If you want to search the rest of the hall later, mayhap after we've decided to set a camp, I would lend you my cloak for it."

Aust Thale

Adventurer
Respen: ~ This is taking too long. Whatever is in this place doesn't need to trap us. It can bore us to death. ~
"Tam, that's enough. The Axe has a point. " Respen takes out a sunrod, popping the alchemical tool against his boot, igniting it. "I'll take the risk. This hallway is as good as a trap if our ability to fight is diminished because of it. Follow at a distance, but move deliberately and quickly. Vale, keep the axe talking. It appears to have magical or planar knowledge of its surroundings. "

Respen moves quickly down the hall at what is effectively a sprint. "Dewydd, Duncan, come quickly."

Remove ads