THE HEROES OF DYVERS CHAPTER 7: CLARE'S ERRAND

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
GM:
Posting on behalf of Respen, based on our recent phone conversation.

Respen says, "I have one more charge in my monocle for the day; let me see it."

Respen casts a Clean cantrip on the key as Dewydd hands it to him. He then focuses the power of the little lens upon it, studying it for several, long moments.

Finally, Respen says, "This key is a powerful weapon. It can turn into a flaming sword, which has the power to strike even insubstantial beings, such as ghosts; it also bears the power to summon and focus the rays of the sun, which is the bane of many undead creatures."

C4F9FD98-DF73-45AE-87E6-2A7FA2259D95.jpeg

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
GM:
Originally, there were 5 rings +2, and one ring +4.
Tam and Sylvar both took a +2 ring.
Thallok took the +4 ring.
REMAINING: 3 rings of protection +2.
Xao, you can have one if you want. You've already proven yourself by risking life and limb in combat against some really tough foes.

I know the game has been on hiatus for a long time, due to unforeseen RL interruptions. But I am here to tell you guys that I have NOT given up on this game. And in order to get the ball rolling again, I am listing (below) the powers of all the keys, so that you guys can decide if anyone wants to use them / keep them. (Keep in mind, the keys have a game mechanic purpose, but after that purpose is served, they will make great "keeper" weapons.) I am going to assume that the party has made it back to the central chamber, and now has all four keys at their disposal, which will help in unlocking the big pyramid in the middle of the room. As per my previous housekeeping, all party members are at full health. I am also going to waive the intervening time for spell durations, thus, even though you took the time to go back to the chamber, I am starting spell duration upkeep from the last housekeeping spoiler, as if that time were not used.

Since the END of the Lamia battle, including time to rush down the hallway to this room, talk to the Leonids, and have the battle, and to heal after the battle, took a total of 36 rounds (3 minutes, 36 seconds.)

DURATIONS: (Original duration) [Current count against duration, in rounds]

Fly: FLIGHT HAS ENDED.
Armor: 24 hours (14,400 rounds) [-160]
Shield: Less than 24 minutes (237 rounds) [-160]
Alter Self: Less than 120 minutes (1197 rounds) [-160]
Dragonskin: Less than 120 minutes (1197 rounds) [-160]
Prot. vs. Evil: Less than 24 minutes (237 rounds) [-160]
Blur: BLUR HAS ENDED.
Invocations from the twins: 24 hours (14,400 rounds) [-55]

Buffs from Khubsheth:
(Affecting: Dewydd, Sylvar, Respen, Vale, Kleborn, Thallok, Lenny, and Travis)

[Basically, everyone except Tam, Lathir, and Xao.]

Geas for the duration of the adventure.

+5 bonus to all saves (Guardian Bonus, stacks with everything) for the duration of the adventure.

KEYS: SPECIFIC TREASURE:

09695BE7-0E6A-449D-AE15-6A9F234F8508.jpeg

961543E5-90F6-475C-ADD5-B3D933BA600E.jpeg

605808E9-880F-4FAC-9504-5B94869F21F6.jpeg

657CEC30-32A2-4A37-BDF9-9C6E84ABFAEE.jpeg
This chamber is 80 feet square with a 40-foot-high ceiling. The door you have just opened is positioned in the west corner of the chamber. Situated in the middle of each of the four walls is a 10-foot-wide stone door covered with inscriptions. The remaining walls are covered with detailed murals.

In front of each door is a stone pedestal, 10 feet wide, 20 feet long and five feet high. Crouching on each pedestal are full-sized granite statues of sphinxes. Each pedestal holds a different sphinx, and all face their respective doors in silent vigilance,

To the right facing southwest is a falcon-headed hieracosphinx, and to the left facing northwest is a goat-headed criosphinx. On the other side of the chamber, a male androsphinx faces northeast, while a female gynosphinx faces southeast.

In the center of the chamber is a squat pyramid, perhaps five feet high. Composed of smooth tan stone, each of the four surfaces is engraved with a small triangle with an eye set into the center.

END OF DM NOTES.

Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Lathir is only there to support and protect the party, as needed. He waits for the others to decide what it is they are going to do. In the mean time, he takes the opportunity to discus philosophy and self-discipline with Xao.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Lenny suggests, quietly, "Um, hey, why don't we put the keys in the pyramid, and see what happens? @Waynan Tam, before we do that, why don't you check the pyramid for any obvious (or not so obvious) traps?"

Waynan

Adventurer
Tam looks at Lenny with some mild surprise. Sure, he and Travis were exceptional in battle, but they always seemed to play at being "in the background", making Tam wonder if there was more to them than just good warriors.
Realizing that he had been taking them for granted as just extra muscle all this time, Tam was impressed with the forethought, and prudence, of Lenny's request.
"You're right, Lenny. That would probably be a good idea."
Looking at the spellcasters in the group:
"And if any of you lot could cast your Detect Magic on the thing to see whether, if there are magical traps and such, we'll need one of you to Dispel Magic, instead of me fiddling about conventionally."

Aust Thale

Adventurer
Tam looks at Lenny with some mild surprise. Sure, he and Travis were exceptional in battle, but they always seemed to play at being "in the background", making Tam wonder if there was more to them than just good warriors.
Realizing that he had been taking them for granted as just extra muscle all this time, Tam was impressed with the forethought, and prudence, of Lenny's request.
"You're right, Lenny. That would probably be a good idea."
Looking at the spellcasters in the group:
"And if any of you lot could cast your Detect Magic on the thing to see whether, if there are magical traps and such, we'll need one of you to Dispel Magic, instead of me fiddling about conventionally."
Respen: (Without saying a word), casts Detect Magic in the pyramid.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
GM:
Forgive me for not pointing this out sooner, but my mind has been kind of scattered lately.
Detect Magic will reveal the presence of magical functions on or around the pyramid.
Find Traps (a Cleric spell) gives the caster the ability to find normal and magical traps, just as a Rogue can.
Thus, Tam, it is still your job to actually find and disable the traps (if there are any.)

Detect Magic reveals that there is indeed a strong enchantment aura emanating from the pyramid; this means that the pyramid itself is probably magical, or warded against harm, or perhaps both. But that doesn't necessarily mean that there is a magical trap on it.

GM:
Tam, go ahead and roll a Search check for me.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases