• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Hobbit

WayneLigon

Adventurer
I would doubt very seriously that it could be on an actual schedule for 2007; we have movies coming out in late 2007 that have already been in the works for a couple years now. We would have long ago heard about a confirmation from Jackson, casting rumors, etc. Since Jackson's next film is Dambusters, I doubt he's going to be turning his eye towards The Hobbit before 2008 at least, with maybe a release in 2010, 2011. Assuming they get Jackson to do it, of course. They'd be fools not to, but that never stopped Hollywood.

mmu1

First Post
WayneLigon said:
I would doubt very seriously that it could be on an actual schedule for 2007; we have movies coming out in late 2007 that have already been in the works for a couple years now. We would have long ago heard about a confirmation from Jackson, casting rumors, etc. Since Jackson's next film is Dambusters, I doubt he's going to be turning his eye towards The Hobbit before 2008 at least, with maybe a release in 2010, 2011. Assuming they get Jackson to do it, of course. They'd be fools not to, but that never stopped Hollywood.

Jackson has Dambusters and Halo on his plate right now, IIRC, but I think he's not directing either of them, just producing.

librarius_arcana

First Post
mmu1 said:
Jackson has Dambusters and Halo on his plate right now, IIRC, but I think he's not directing either of them, just producing.

Guillermo del Toro was going to be directing Halo but now its "Neill Blomkamp"
but Guillermo still doing Hellboy 2 (yay :D)

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
WayneLigon said:

You schedule pre-production dates...why couldn't have been just that?

Karl Green

First Post
You know I was watching some VH1 special the other day... and they showed that Music Video with Leonard Nimoy signing that "Bilbo" song... I think I died a little inside ;)

Remove ads