• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Hobbit

Ranger REG

Explorer
Mycanid said:
I'd watch this in a second ... and I think many others would too. So why not? :) I personally would LOVE to see those beloved thirteen dwarves grace the screen.
Well, I don't know anyone here who WOULDN'T want to watch such a film, unless they're Tolkien Purists that made a vow never to watch any film version of their sacred canon.*

*Better to use that word instead of "bible."

We just want to know if the project have already been started.

Brown Jenkin

First Post
Ranger REG said:
Well, I don't know anyone here who WOULDN'T want to watch such a film, unless they're Tolkien Purists that made a vow never to watch any film version of their sacred canon.*

*Better to use that word instead of "bible."

We just want to know if the project have already been started.

I am curriious though if it really will be accurate though since there are absolutely no female characters in the original.

Fenris

Adventurer
Brown Jenkin said:
I am curriious though if it really will be accurate though since there are absolutely no female characters in the original.

Weren't the giant spiders of Mirkwood the daughters of Shelob?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'd love to see this made. I'm not sure that a whole troupe of dwarves and one hobbit are quite accessible (or "sexy") enough for mainstream audiences, though.

Cor Azer

First Post
Hmm... the one thing that made me raise an eyebrow in the OP's link... "clearly marked... in what looked like July 2007"

Cleared marked, but couldn't make out the date? Sure, that's possible, but seems, kinda... I dunno... vaguish?

I'd love to see it happen, but I don't want it rushed.

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
They could try to do a de-aging thing on Ian Holm, like they did with Prof X and Magneto at the beginning of X-3. I think they'll probably have to hire a new actor, though. Ian Holm is getting up there.

Brown Jenkin

First Post
Kid Charlemagne said:
They could try to do a de-aging thing on Ian Holm, like they did with Prof X and Magneto at the beginning of X-3. I think they'll probably have to hire a new actor, though. Ian Holm is getting up there.

Well Bilbo was 50 when he went on his adventure. Makeup can probably manage that.

Darth Shoju

First Post
At least it will be easier to do the special-effects shots to make the dwarves look short. For much of the movie the only character making them look out of perspective will be Gandalf. They'll just have to make sure the actor who plays Bilbo is shorter than the actors playing the dwarves. And now 13 other actors will know the agony that John Rhys Davies had to endure playing Gimli.

I'm hoping Peter Jackson will direct this movie but I'm confident there is another director out there that could pull it off too. Also hoping WETA does the special effects.

Taelorn76

First Post
Darth Shoju said:
I'm hoping Peter Jackson will direct this movie but I'm confident there is another director out there that could pull it off too. Also hoping WETA does the special effects.
They would be stupid to mess with a winning formula, of Jackson anf WETA, but then again this Hollywood.

Remove ads