• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Hunted (DM: IronSky, Judge: ???)

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Yes, as Devinihm says these creatures are not natural, there is a wrongness feeling about them. Call some arcanists, they might know more. We have work to do." Says the Earthen creature with purpose in his eyes.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
The Hunted: Day 1, Hour 3, Minute 32

"I'll say, natural things don't tend to dissolve into smoke when they die. Oh, there's the lieutenant,"
Sergeant Rump says, stepping aside to let the lieutenant through. She looks tired, her long blond hair fallen out of its bun and now spilling over her shoulder.

"I leave you guys alone for a few hours and sure cause a ruckus. I've heard reports that some halfling bum said you broke into his house and tried to burn the place down, then you show up here, a mob attacks my men and you dredge up some sea-monsters to fight on the city docks while one of our crime scenes floats out to sea. But you're the best I've got.

"This story is going to break in the Screamer in the morning and there'll be hell to pay. A mob stormed Hill Lane and broke into the mansion not long after you left. My guards at the Chipped Flask repelled another mob and if those creatures... are those things melting? If those things hadn't showed up, things would have gotten ugly.

"So, with all that behind us, tell me what you've discovered so far. Quickly, my men are getting ready to assault the cultist's hideouts within the hour and I want to be there to take on their main temple."

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Well, we discovered lot more then the guard did, at the cost of pain and blood."
Illarion shakes himself
"I apologize for harsh words. It was undeserved by you and unworthy of me."
After short pause to draw breath and let the apology sink in, Illarion continues.
"We discovered that the group of adventurers discovered some treasure and (of course) brought it here to sell. Now something is tracking and killing them looking for specific items from their loot. One of the items in question is small bowl the killer took, the other is in our possession. We need to get to the tavern before somebody spoils our chances."

jkason

First Post
Devinihm, wilden druid

"We discovered that the group of adventurers discovered some treasure and (of course) brought it here to sell. Now something is tracking and killing them looking for specific items from their loot. One of the items in question is small bowl the killer took, the other is in our possession. We need to get to the tavern before somebody spoils our chances."

Devinihm nods. "The hunters -- we know there is more than one, now, yes -- look for the pieces of a map on these items. We believe they have at least two of four pieces. We have one, and a copy of a second from a painting at the manor. The tavern, we hope, will tell us if they have a third. We do not know yet what the map is of or what it leads to."

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
The Hunted: Day 1, Hour 3, Minute 34

"Wait, you're saying that the killer disemboweled them, left heaps of gold at each place, only to take a bowl and... what is the other item?"

Devinihm nods. "The hunters -- we know there is more than one, now, yes -- look for the pieces of a map on these items. We believe they have at least two of four pieces. We have one, and a copy of a second from a painting at the manor. The tavern, we hope, will tell us if they have a third. We do not know yet what the map is of or what it leads to."

"A map? These 'hunters' - as you call them - killed eleven people for a map?"

She shakes her head incredulously. "That seems a bit far fetched to me, and I've been around a while. What could there be that's valuable enough to warrant it? I've seen the first three scenes - albeit briefly - and there's enough gold between the three of them to set someone up for life."

"It doesn't make a very useful story to feed the press either, too much sensationalism and not enough closure, exactly what they'd want to rile up the population. If that is all we have for a retort when the story breaks tomorrow..."

Another slow head shake with a sigh, then she looks amongst the party, meeting each of your eyes it turn. "You say there are four pieces of the map and - counting the incident outside the Hanged Man - we have four murder sites. Do you think these killers are done now that they have their map?"

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"No. We have the fourth part." states Earth. "Are you listening human? I care not for press or stories; I care for destroying what these fouls have brought upon the world. Now if you are done wasting my time, move aside, I intend to be going"

Last edited:

pacdidj

First Post
"That's right dearie," adds Auntie Mab, addressing the lieutenant, "Tristram found a false floor in the safe, didn't you love? Such a smart boy, yes you are."

Tristram suffers himself to be petted and cooed over for a moment before Auntie Mab continues, "Anyway, that's where the piece of the map was. I'd say these slippery fish creatures were sent after us by the bazzlebaums to take the piece we found. But they were no match for the arcane fury of Auntie Mab. Gave them the evil eye I did. Scared them senseless... Oh, and Earth helped a bit too," she adds as the rocky warforged fixes her with a chilly stare.

"But, what's all this you say about mobs dearie? Could it be that these are actually cultists who worship the bazzlebaums, trying to help them steal the maps? Kind of odd to worship a bucktoothed, rabbit-eared demon if you ask me. But, I suppose it takes all kinds. You say they broke into the mansion? I wonder if that means they've taken another piece of the map. We need to get over to this pub in a jiffy, if we're to save at least half the map from falling into the bazzlebaums' terrible, furry clutches!"

DMDanW

First Post
After the battle Xander helps revive Illarion and any others in need of aid. As Sergeant Rump and the rest of the authorities arrive he stands back and lets the others do the talking. He nods in agreement to Earths retort to the lieutenant as he too shares the same opinion.

[sblock=Stat Block]
Xander Kain- Male Human Cleric 1
Current Conditions: none
Passive Insight: 19 Passive Perception: 14; Senses: Normal
Temp Hit Points: 0
HP [26]: 26 Bloodied: 13 Surge Value: 6; Surges Per-Day [9]: 7
AC: 16 Fortitude: 13 Reflex: 11 Will: 17
Speed: 5 (w/ heavy armor) Size: Medium
Action Points: [1]
Second Wind:
Used
Powers
Astral Seal
Sacred Flame
Gaze of Defiance
Healing Word [2]
Bane
Divine Fortune
Healers Mercy
Moment of Glory
[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Raijin looks at the Lieutenant, trying to follow the events. You mean more of these creatures attacked the Chipped Flask? We were going to head there next he looks about at those remaining.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
The Hunted: Day 1, Hour 3, Minute 35

"That's right dearie," adds Auntie Mab, addressing the lieutenant, "Tristram found a false floor in the safe, didn't you love? Such a smart boy, yes you are."

Tristram suffers himself to be petted and cooed over for a moment before Auntie Mab continues, "Anyway, that's where the piece of the map was. I'd say these slippery fish creatures were sent after us by the bazzlebaums to take the piece we found. But they were no match for the arcane fury of Auntie Mab. Gave them the evil eye I did. Scared them senseless... Oh, and Earth helped a bit too," she adds as the rocky warforged fixes her with a chilly stare.

"But, what's all this you say about mobs dearie? Could it be that these are actually cultists who worship the bazzlebaums, trying to help them steal the maps? Kind of odd to worship a bucktoothed, rabbit-eared demon if you ask me. But, I suppose it takes all kinds. You say they broke into the mansion? I wonder if that means they've taken another piece of the map. We need to get over to this pub in a jiffy, if we're to save at least half the map from falling into the bazzlebaums' terrible, furry clutches!"

"So you killed some sort of sea monsters? Sea Watch might pay you a bounty for that, various creatures swim into the bay from time to time and prey and the dock life - it's rare but not unheard of."

"As for the mob, as far as we can tell they're a mix of drunk laborers with an eye on getting rich quick, street thugs that are usually out in the streets at this hour anyway, and a mix of other unsavory low-life types. If they are somehow connected with the Cult, then Daunton's in a lot more trouble than I thought."

"These are devil worshipers we're hunting down. If you say these deaths were tied to demons somehow... most people don't know the difference, between demons and devils... maybe we could use that somehow..."

Raijin looks at the Lieutenant, trying to follow the events. You mean more of these creatures attacked the Chipped Flask? We were going to head there next he looks about at those remaining.

"More of these creatures? No, there was a mob that tried to break into the flask since the stories going through the streets of Daunton are that a bunch of random rich people got killed by the boogeyman. If it weren't so late at night, we might have a riot on our hands - looting, people begging or demanding the Watch protect them, who knows what else. We need a story to sell the people to keep them calm by tomorrow morning. If you all can give me one, we'll use that, if not, we'll come up with something else."

"I'll be at the main City Watch barracks for the next hour or two if you come up with anything else. Otherwise, try to stay out of trouble."

She give the group the barest of nods, turns on her heel, and heads back into the city with her array of underlings in tow.

Rump shrugs apologetically. "She's got a lot on her mind, what wit' the devil cult and mass-murders and the unruly mob and unfriendly paper and tryin' to come out o' it wit' a job and all. Don't mind none if she seems a bit unfriendly."

Last edited:

Remove ads