The Hunted (DM: IronSky, Judge: ???)

jkason

First Post
The wilden, too, takes the opportunity to conceal himself, his plantlike form shifting colors slightly to be better blend in.

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
The Hunted: Day 1, Hour 3, Minute 57

GM: I'll just assume everyone tries to hide.

Earth's Stealth: 1d20=16
Xander's Stealth: 1d20-1=16

And, remarkably, they succeed.

The group quickly throws open doors around them, hiding in various doors in the area as an Ogre stomps down the stairs followed by half-a-dozen goons.

"Search da place, dey gots piles o' golds hidden heres somewhere," the ogre booms, motioning about with a sledgehammer. "And gets 'em quick, we only killed four o' da guards an' dere's gonna be a pile o' dem here in a few minutes. Go!"

The goons immediately split up and begin heading for various doors... the ones the party members are hiding behind.

GM: No one has been spotted, so if you guys want to initiate combat, you'll get a surprise round. If you want to do something else, your PC has a few seconds to act before the goons stumble into the party members and things get real.

johnmeier1

Explorer
You killed four people! Raijin yells as his storm brings him from hiding and tosses its fury at the ogre.

[sblock=OOC] I will initiate combat. Surprise Round
Standard: Stormwalk - shift 1 out of cover and attack 1d20+6+2=23 (vs Fort) for 1d8+11+1d6=21 (Thunder damage with challenge seeking staff)
Initiative: 1d20+1=4 lousy
[/sblock]
[sblock=ministats] Trigger: Use Dragonflame Mantle when hit with a melee attack
Passive Perception 11, Passive Insight 17
AC 15, Fort 17, Reflex 12, Will 18
HP: 24/27, Bloodied 13, Surge Value 6, Surges 4/6
Resist Force 10, Resist Lightning 5, Resist Thunder 5
Speed 6, Initiative +1
Action Points: 0, Second Wind
At-Will Powers: Blazing Starfall, Storm Walk
Encounter Powers: Dragonflame Mettle, Promise of Storm, Thundering Roar
Daily Powers: Lightning Breath, Brooch of Shielding
[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Under the Chipped Flask, Round 0

GM: You each get one standard action in the surprise round.

johnmeier1, where do you want to shift to? It's not required, you can push the door open as a free action.

[sblock=Combatants]Ogre Boss: P16, 21 damage taken, grants CA
Ogre Boss Stats: ?? Max HP, ?? AC, 18 Fort, ?? Ref, ?? Will, MBA: ??

Thug Swordsman 1: O12, grants CA
Thug Swordsman 2: P11, grants CA
Thug Swordsman 3: Q14, grants CA
Thug Swordsman 4: O20, grants CA
Thug Swordsman 5: Q19, grants CA
Thug Swordsman Stats: ?? Max HP, ?? AC, ?? Fort, ?? Ref, ?? Will, MBA: ??

Earth: P25
Illarion: L20
Mab: Q6
Devinihm: L11
Raijin: P6
Xander: Q25[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain and Light]Illarion lit all the lanterns in the main room, the ones in the room on the bottom left, and the one in the center bottom. All other rooms are complete darkness.

All the doors are open a crack so it's a free action to push them open.

The ceilings are all 2 squares tall in the side rooms and 3 squares in the main room.[/sblock]

Attachments

• ChippedFlaskRound0.jpg
    ChippedFlaskRound0.jpg
    348.4 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Illarion sights the thug going into the room and points his dagger at him. Multihued bolt slams into him, sparks for a moment and arcs further into the room hitting the ogre and continuing toward the next thug in line where it finally sputters and dissipates.

"Daunton guard! Drop your weapons and surrender, nobody else needs to get hurt!"

Init (1d20+3=4) - at least I got that one out of the system

[sblock=Retcon surprise round]
Move to M21
[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions for the first round]
Free: assassins shroud on ogre boss

Standard: Chaos bolt vs Will (Thug 4); psychic damage (1d20+5+2=23, 1d10+8=15)
Secondary: Chaos bolt secondary vs Will (ogre); psychic damage (1d20+5+2=25, 1d6+3=9)

Secondary 2: Chaos bolt secondary 2 vs Will (thug 3); psychic damage (1d20+5+2=14, 1d6+3=9)

Illarion gets +1 to AC TENT

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
OOC: IronSky, thugs are in O20 and Q19, but are listed as O21 and Q20. I'm assuming thug 4 is in O row, just warning about discrepancy.

GM: Fixed.

One slight problem with your turn - there is a brick wall between you and the enemy. The red X-shaped chunk in the center is walls so you have no LOS/LOE for your attacks. Feel free to retcon however desired.

Also, everyone can roll initiative too with your surprise round actions.

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Well, put Illarion in M21 instead of L20. He should still be hidden with good stealth and have the ability to attack. With the wall between I didn't even need stealth roll. It would make more sense for earth to be there without stealth skill then for someone who can almost stand in plain sight :)

I retconed above action into slight move to M20 and marked this actions for the first round of combat (in which Illarion probably goes last)

Feel free to move him and use his stated action though.

johnmeier1

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]I know I posted before the map, but I agree with Neurotic that our descriptions of where we hid above did not seem to involve closing doors. In any case, I would make the argument as well that doors did not need to be completely closed for us to hide. Therefore Raijin's actions can still stand, his shift with Stormwalk moves him to P7 in the doorway (in plain sight now, with a poor initiative)
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Earth charges in the room, ramming one of the thugs, delivering a demolishing blow with his massive hammer. "Surrender while you still have bones." commanded in a stony voice, the rock warden.

Charge TS4 at P20 26 for 16 dmg I'd mark both but I only got a standard action right?
Init: 15

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases