The Hunted (DM: IronSky, Judge: ???)

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
OOC: A few questions: Do we get the dailies from the last battle? I don't recall. Also, Earth could go help Xander, but he'll have to provoke an attack from the ogre, and as he is prone, he'll have to: Stand, move, so no attacking whatsoever. Earth used his AP already. Also, did you substract 9 from the previous attack?

GM: You all had a short rest but not an extended rest between the last battle and this one, so the effects of any dailies are gone and the dailies are expended. I subtracted 6 from the last attack since you had 6 THP(it was nearly max damage with the Ogre's Recharge power that keeps recharging). If there was another effect that reduced damage done to you, you'll have to link where it was posted, 'cause I must have missed it.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Ok. I meant on round 3. Earth activated Endure pain here so round 3 actions were covered. He reduces 9 from every attack. so he should have gotten 15 instead of 33 damage.

DMDanW

First Post
"May you now feel the wrath of the Lord of War" Xander shouts, his voice carrying a wave of divine power, knocking back the ogre and the thug in front of him and knocking them to the ground.

"Maros give me the strength to continue" he prays, and is filled with renewed energy.

He moves to the doorway and stares at the fallen thug, but nothing seems to happen...

[sblock=Mechanics]
Standard Action = Moment of Glory vs Thug #3; 1d20+4=16 vs Will; hit & pushed to P22 & knocked prone. Vs Ogre; 1d20+4=21 vs Will; hit & pushed to N18 & knocked Prone. Xander gains resist 5 to all damage until the end of his next turn.

Minor Action = Healing Word on himself; recovers 18 hit points; Healing Surge +2d6+7 (Healing Word)=12

Move Action = move to P25

Action Point = Gaze of Defiance vs Thug 3; 1d20+4=5 - FAIL
[/sblock]

[sblock=resources used]
Healing word & Moment of Glory
[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Ok. I meant on round 3. Earth activated Endure pain here so round 3 actions were covered. He reduces 9 from every attack. so he should have gotten 15 instead of 33 damage.

GM: Ah, in the future, please indicate somewhere what your powers do (I.E. "DR 9 until EONT"). It helps me avoid misses like this since I try to rely on player action posts to determine what your powers do rather than having to research them on the compendium. He was only hit by one (big) attack this round, so it'll reduce his damage taken from 55 to 46.

pacdidj

First Post
OOC: @Iron Sky - Wow, those thugs must have some wicked perception bonuses to have spotted Mab with her stealth check at 30! But, if she's only taken 29 damage at this point, she should still be standing with 1 HP remaining. After the level up she's got 30 max HP. Not sure if anything should be done about that at this point, since it's a little late to retcon, but I don't know if I should keep making death saves or what. Below is a statblock with what her current stats should be, by my reckoning.

[sblock=stat block]Auntie Mab - Human Rogue (Warlock) 2
http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/L4W:pC:Auntie_Mab_(pacdidj)
Conditions: none
Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 17, Init: +5
AC: 17, Fort: 13, Reflex: 18, Will: 15
Speed: 6
HP: 1/30, Bloodied: 15, Surge Value: 7, Surges left: 4/7
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used, Milestones:
:bmelee:Basic Atk: Dagger +4 vs AC, 1d4+4 dmg
:branged:Ranged Basic Atk: Throw Dagger +9 vs AC, 1d4+4 dmg, Range 5/10 (Daggers: 3/5)
Powers-
Preparatory Shot, Gloaming Cut, Sly Flourish
Eyebite, Shadow Strike
Twilight Menace, Arm and Edge
Combat notes:

Tristram - Rat Familiar
HP: 1/1; AC: 17, Fort: 13, Ref: 18, Will: 15
Skills: +12 Thievery, +20 Stealth

Voda Vosa

First Post
Earth stands, assess the situation and charges the foe on the ground, while standing between him and Xander.

Move: Stand, Charge to P23: Critical hit for 16 hp vs T3 and mark him

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
OOC: @Iron Sky - Wow, those thugs must have some wicked perception bonuses to have spotted Mab with her stealth check at 30! But, if she's only taken 29 damage at this point, she should still be standing with 1 HP remaining.

GM: When they came around the corner, Mab no longer had the prerequisite cover or concealment to maintain stealth (unless there was something I missed) so she was spotted.

As for the 1 HP, I still had Mab at 25 max HP - forgot to update her stats in Masterplan. So, Mab comes awake and gets to stand up and collect her weapon for free!

Last edited:

pacdidj

First Post
OOC: Thought I might have some cover from that brazier or firepot thing, but I suppose it's probably too small. No worries anyway.

Picking herself off the ground, and shaking her head to try to clear the haze of pain Auntie Mab mutters, "What happened? Must have dozed off. That's what I get for drinking Tristram's whiskey I suppose..."

As she rounds the corner though, she quickly comes to her senses, realizing that she's still in the middle of a battle and not simply hung over. "You!," she exclaims, spotting the thug who brought her down, "I think you need a lesson in manners sonny!" The old woman slices the thugs kidney with her paring knife as she darts by, then steels herself and says an inward prayer to her elusive benefactor. Luran protect me. I don't know how much more these old bones can take...

[sblock=Actions and Stats]No Action: Stand up, grab weapon

Move: to O13

Standard: :melee:Gloaming Cut vs. Thug 1 w/ sneak attack = hit for 11 damage, and Auntie Mab shifts to N14

Free: Action Point

Standard: Second Wind

[sblock=statblock]Auntie Mab - Human Rogue (Warlock) 2
http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/L4W:pC:Auntie_Mab_(pacdidj)
Conditions: none
Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 17, Init: +5
AC: 17, Fort: 13, Reflex: 18, Will: 15
Speed: 6
HP: 8/30, Bloodied: 15, Surge Value: 7, Surges left: 4/7
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: used, Milestones:
:bmelee:Basic Atk: Dagger +4 vs AC, 1d4+4 dmg
:branged:Ranged Basic Atk: Throw Dagger +9 vs AC, 1d4+4 dmg, Range 5/10 (Daggers: 3/5)
Powers-
Preparatory Shot, Gloaming Cut, Sly Flourish
Eyebite, Shadow Strike
Twilight Menace, Arm and Edge
Combat notes: +2 to all defenses till EONT

Tristram - Rat Familiar
HP: 1/1; AC: 17, Fort: 13, Ref: 18, Will: 15
Skills: +12 Thievery, +20 Stealth

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Under the Chipped Flask, Round 5

The thug near Xander slashes Earth as the elemental interposes itself between the thug and Xander.

The Ogre, leaves flesh behind as it pulls itself from the ground and, nearly dead and unable to reach the hated elemental, charges away with a roar to splatter the swarm of bugs by the door.

The other thug spins on Mab with a curse, not hesitating for a second before he cuts the old woman down again.

GM: Neurotic: I'm assuming you meant F23, since F28 is inside a wall.

jkason: Using Swarming Locusts doesn't negate other uses of it. For example, you could use it twice in an AP round and have two zones present.

[sblock=Player Actions]Raijin: Death Save: 1d20=8, 1 faile[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Actions]Ogre Boss: Stand up, take 8 damage, charge to P15, Ogre Smash(+1 charge, +2 Aura): 25 AC vs Devinihm, hit, 20 damage reduced to 16 and push to Q11.

Thug Swordsman 1
: Blade(+2 Aura): 19 AC vs Mab, hit, 15 damage, move to O19.
Thug Swordsman 3: Stand. Blade: CRIT on Earth, 13 damage, shift to P21.

And the amazing rolling continues... almost makes me wish I fudged rolls. :erm:[/sblock]

[sblock=Combatants]Ogre Boss: P15, 129 damage taken, bloodied
Ogre Boss Stats: ?? Max HP, 17 AC, 18 Fort, ?? Ref, 15 Will, MBA: Ogre Smash: +7 vs AC, 1d12+7 damage and push 2. Get 'da One on Me: Aura 2 - the Ogre Boss's allies get +2 to hit and damage against targets in the aura. 'Da Fury!(bloodied): The Ogre's Aura increases to 2 and the Boss benefits from its effects.

Thug Swordsman 1: O18, 16 damage taken
Thug Swordsman 3: P21, 16 damage taken, marked(Earth)
Thug Swordsman Stats: 35 Max HP, 16 AC, ?? Fort, 15 Ref, 14 Will, MBA: Blade: +7 vs AC, 1d8+5 damage; the Swordsman may shift 1 before or after the attack. Thug: Thugs deal +1d6 damage when they have CA.
Thug Swordsmen killed: 2

Earth: P23, 59 damage taken, bloodied
Illarion: F23
Mab: O13, 37 damage taken, bloodied, dying, unconscious, prone, +2 defenses
Devinihm: Q11, 32 damage taken, bloodied, dying, unconscious, prone, +2 defenses, DR4
Raijin: P7, 36 damage taken, bloodied, dying, unconscious, prone, +2 AC, 1 death save failed
Xander: P25, 6 damage taken, DR5

Status Key
Combatant
: Location, damage effects, EONT/SONT effects, encounter effects
[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain and Light]Illarion lit all the lanterns in the main room, the ones in the room on the bottom left, and the one in the center bottom. All other rooms are complete darkness.

All the doors are open a crack so it's a free action to push them open.

The ceilings are all 2 squares tall in the side rooms and 3 squares in the main room.[/sblock]

Attachments

• ChippedFlaskRound5.jpg
    ChippedFlaskRound5.jpg
    342.1 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

Remove ads