The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Intended purpose is less important than effect. Rather than harp on how badly designed a pizza it may be, maybe figuring out how to enjoy it for what it is, rather than what you want it to be, or what marketing copy says it is, is a more fruitful approach.

Weirdly, that's the unsuccessful closing argument in "State v. Restaurant that Serves People Shellfish Without Telling Them."

Von Ether

Legend
Not here, but on Twitter, I am just trying not to engage on ttrpg posts that obviously are click bait by stretching a DM/Player style into hyperbole and a strawman. Also many of them just recycling the same POV again and again.

It did my heart good to see one such post do a meme that pitted Matt Mercer against one of his replacements and the overall response was "Both of these GMs would not approve of your message."

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Weirdly, that's the unsuccessful closing argument in "State v. Restaurant that Serves People Shellfish Without Telling Them."

When I order food in a restaurant, there is an implicit contract about the content of the food. It is well known that this implicit contract is important, because hospitals can be involved. That applies to real pizza, but not to "pizza" as this thread uses the term, as the "pizza" in this this thread is not made to order, and will generally not send people to the hospital unless you drop it on them from an upper-story window.

Moreover, when speaking about ingredients the issue isn't design, but materials.

So, I submit that my argument still stands, even if it fails in State v Restaurant, because SvR is a misapplication of my position.

Last edited:

Snarf Zagyg

When I order food in a restaurant, there is an implicit contract about the content of the food. It is well known that this implicit contract is important, because hospitals can be involved. That applies to real pizza, but not to "pizza" as this thread uses the term, as the "pizza" in this this thread will generally not send people to the hospital unless you drop it on them from an upper-story window.

Moreover, when speaking about ingredients the issue isn't design, but materials.

So, I submit that my argument still stands, even if it fails in State v Restaurant, because SvR is a misapplication of my position.

I, too, watched nine episodes of Boston Legal before I realized it wasn't a new Star Trek.

Alas, there is no class action for tortious interference with Kirkian goodness. As they always say, lex loci delicti means that that the torte is most delicious where it was cooked.

When I order food in a restaurant, there is an implicit contract about the content of the food. It is well known that this implicit contract is important, because hospitals can be involved. That applies to real pizza, but not to "pizza" as this thread uses the term, as the "pizza" in this this thread will generally not send people to the hospital unless you drop it on them from an upper-story window.

The worst part of a gravity-based pizza hospitalization would be the existential dread of waiting to look the healthcare workers in the eye when you know they are aware of the source of your injuries.

Heaven forbid it was a thin crust.

Snarf Zagyg

The worst part of a gravity-based pizza hospitalization would be the existential dread of waiting to look the healthcare workers in the eye when you know they are aware of the source of your injuries.

Heaven forbid it was a thin crust.

Or even worse .... the Chicago-style deep dish casserole pizza.

giphy.gif

Remove ads