The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Mad_Jack

Legend
Does anybody know a way to find just locked threads? I'd like to know what people are talking about without bothering them with my curiosity. It's not like I'll be able to drag a locked thread even further down the toilet -- it's locked!

Well, it's not very efficient, but if you're looking at a particular forum there will be a "lock" icon visible between the title of any locked thread and the number of replies it has.
So if you know, or have an idea, of what forum the thread you're looking for is on, it's just a matter of quickly scrolling down the first page or two to find it.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
TIL

The way that some people pronounce "futile," makes it sound like they are saying "feudal."

However, unless I am at enworld, I should probably assume that they said, "futile."

Also- if you say "flagon of ale," to most people, they will hear, "flag and a veil."

Mad_Jack

Legend
TIL

The way that some people pronounce "futile," makes it sound like they are saying "feudal."

However, unless I am at enworld, I should probably assume that they said, "futile."

Also- if you say "flagon of ale," to most people, they will hear, "flag and a veil."

A young child once pointed out to me that if you say "Mad Jack" really fast seven times, it becomes "Magic"... :p

On a less facetious note, I live in the state of Connecticut, which locally is pronounced more like "Kinetic-it"...

Weird. I thought there were only two acceptable pronounciations:

1. "Not New England."
2. "Outer New York."
orbiter.png

MarkB

Legend
TIL

Yeah, but trying to get them to change is an exercise in fertility.

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
Just found out OGRE/GEV illustrator and all-around turbonerd Winchell Chung (webmaster of the amazing Atomic Rockets and 3-D Starmaps sites) was diagnosed with cancer last year. I've heard the COVID-19 guys were hoping to use the newer technologies to try to find new ways to fight cancer, so they better get a move on it!

Remove ads