• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Trust me, one can simultaneously see the appeal, and get the sense the game is distinctly someone else's game.
Fair enough. I will join a funnel anytime. Or even a module. Though, I will admit any GM asking if I want to play in a level 1-20 DCC campaign isnt likely to recruit me.

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
Fair enough. I will join a funnel anytime. Or even a module. Though, I will admit any GM asking if I want to play in a level 1-20 DCC campaign isnt likely to recruit me.
Yeah as a long term campaign game it doesn't quite work. There is just too much stuff that is too casually world changing.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
So, most people who use a cookbook don't read it cover-to-cover. They skim it looking for the recipe they want.

giphy.gif

I know just the recipe.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
So, most people who use a cookbook don't read it cover-to-cover. They skim it looking for the recipe they want.

I will note that the Woman's Day Encyclopedia of Cookery set and the America's Test Kitchen cookbooks as some that have a lot of useful other stuff that's fun to look up too, and they contain (maybe not chapters) but things about...

Dont they expect detailed chapters on how to cook? Chapter on whisking, and operating an oven, and blending, and chopping, etc...

The former also has history and the later what kind of kitchen gadgets are useful or not.

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
I like to introduce my DMing style to new players by waiting until there's a rules question. I answer off the cuff, and for the first question answer it wrong. Someone always (always) corrects me, at which point I hold up the Player's Handbook and say, "I haven't read this thing. Why are you reading it? Let's play to find out what happens!"

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
Dont they expect detailed chapters on how to cook? Chapter on whisking, and operating an oven, and blending, and chopping, etc...
As Cadence said, there are cookbooks that have extensive chapters on techniques and methods. I have (or have at least seen) one all about knife techniques. So ... some cookbooks can serve as the sort of reference book you seem to be ... mocking (though I presume gently).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads