The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
People who have spent the last year or two or more loudly declaiming how they have abandoned pineapple pizza, suddenly just as loudly proclaiming how they are no longer going to buy pineapple pizza seems a bit... self serving in a way.

But one could always hope that those who have now completely abandoned pineapple pizza and refuse to have anything to do with pineapple pizza might possibly go off and stop telling me every day how they hate pineapple pizza.

This is about Halflings and then winning the poll, right?

;-)

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
People who have spent the last year or two or more loudly declaiming how they have abandoned pineapple pizza, suddenly just as loudly proclaiming how they are no longer going to buy pineapple pizza seems a bit... self serving in a way.

But one could always hope that those who have now completely abandoned pineapple pizza and refuse to have anything to do with pineapple pizza might possibly go off and stop telling me every day how they hate pineapple pizza.

Wait ... isn't this actually pepperoni pizza?

What I don't get is the cycles of outrage. I know I don't follow the mushroom pizza topping market that closely, but wasn't it just a year ago that everyone was up-in-arms about mushroom pizza?

Something about horrible and abusive work environments? And how their new & improved mushroom toppings weren't that good, and a lot of people were sticking to the old toppings? Etc.?

And now, what? We are all supposed to love mushroom pizzas for reasons? Because all Pizza Toppings are evil, we need to stop eating pepperoni pizza .. and just forget that mushrooms are a topping too?

Eh, whatever. Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown. (Can we still allude to that?)

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
"There is good and there is evil, and the people on discussion boards need to properly distinguish those!"
-Rorschach-Test Man
7b64ae59-e28c-4526-9842-8f9930a57aee_text.gif

My favorite story is actually from when my father worked for MCI. Somehow he survived twenty years of "layoff culture," where MCI would lay off staff every year just before Christmas. One year, workers came in early in December and some couldn't swipe in with their badges. "There was an update to the badge system last night," they were told, "go across the parking lot to the other building and they'll get it working again." Those employees were never seen again; later on, maintenance packed up their cubicles and the boxes were shipped to their homes.

That wasn't layoff. That was a secret government plan to supply live testing material to the Grey.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Wait ... isn't this actually pepperoni pizza?

What I don't get is the cycles of outrage. I know I don't follow the mushroom pizza topping market that closely, but wasn't it just a year ago that everyone was up-in-arms about mushroom pizza?

Something about horrible and abusive work environments? And how their new & improved mushroom toppings weren't that good, and a lot of people were sticking to the old toppings? Etc.?

And now, what? We are all supposed to love mushroom pizzas for reasons? Because all Pizza Toppings are evil, we need to stop eating pepperoni pizza .. and just forget that mushrooms are a topping too?

Eh, whatever. Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown. (Can we still allude to that?)

Remove ads