• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scribe

Legend
We could fix a lot of these problem threads just by saying, flat out, when people are arguing in bad faith.

Whats worse though? Calling people out as just trolling, or the reality that people actually believe they are both in the right, and that anyone else who doesnt lock in with them is beneath contempt?

Ryujin

Legend
Too much news in my feed today. Likely a 'just stop posting' point for me. :D
When things start to go overboard I break out a pattern and start on the leatherwork. Stitching a few hundred holes to make a project is a great distraction, but having to hammer-punch those few hundred holes first really takes the edge off ;)

Attachments

• 20230213_153622.jpg
    20230213_153622.jpg
    342.5 KB · Views: 35

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I'm not so sure. I've been around for a while, and the tone on ENWorld has always felt more anti- than pro-WotC.

I could be wrong; I haven't read every thread, but I've read thousands of them and I noticed that if Wizards of the Coast gets mentioned in a thread at all, it's usually in the form of a complaint. Seems like even if they do the right thing, someone will chime in about how they are doing it for the wrong reasons, or in response to other even more terrible stuff they got caught doing, or etc.

As @J.Quondam points out, this is just Internet culture in a nutshell. It's not meant to be a sweeping criticism of ENWorld in general. Hate-posting always generates more interest (and therefore, more traffic) than the rest.
I mean, sometimes people just need to scream into the void.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads