• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Scribe

Legend
But seriously, we can switch analogies. But if they're too often too obviously referring to certain sides in threads we'll get shut down. And if this thread becomes the home of actual serious topics that continue beyond a few posts, then it runs either the risk of doing that too or of not being a hopefully comfortable place for a lot of different folks to come and vent.

I was thinking on this last line last night when I couldn't sleep. Specifically "a lot of different folks" and the fact that this forum seems to have a pretty wide cross section of various backgrounds. There are people I have vehemently disagreed with on some issues, who I then find we are 100% aligned on other issues, and vice versa. The number of people I get absolutely annoyed with is very small, as even those I disagree with most of the time, I find we have common cause on something else.

Its an interesting forum, beyond the specifics of 'rpg forum'.

I was thinking on this last line last night when I couldn't sleep. Specifically "a lot of different folks" and the fact that this forum seems to have a pretty wide cross section of various backgrounds. There are people I have vehemently disagreed with on some issues, who I then find we are 100% aligned on other issues, and vice versa. The number of people I get absolutely annoyed with is very small, as even those I disagree with most of the time, I find we have common cause on something else.

I find my disagreements ratio drops down to a low number if I stay out of the RPG area and stick to this area. Oddly, this also applies to my blood pressure too :ROFLMAO:

Jahydin

Hero

I think this is one of the reasons I like to post here.

I frequent a lot of other Discord and RPG forums that have a zero politics policy, which is nice cause everyone can focus on just gaming. But because things here are a bit more forgiving (as long as it's relevant, of course), I found it helps me get to know people a bit better. Also, to better understand points of view I haven't considered.

The only thing that disappoints me is the tendency for others to assume the worst possible interpretation of your post. Which I think I get, better safe than sorry, but trying to sort out why everyone thinks you're racist for using the word "modern" is a bit confusing when you're new to posting.

Scribe

Legend
I think this is one of the reasons I like to post here.

I frequent a lot of other Discord and RPG forums that have a zero politics policy, which is nice cause everyone can focus on just gaming. But because things here are a bit more forgiving (as long as it's relevant, of course), I found it helps me get to know people a bit better. Also, to better understand points of view I haven't considered.

The only thing that disappoints me is the tendency for others to assume the worst possible interpretation of your post. Which I think I get, better safe than sorry, but trying to sort out why everyone thinks you're racist for using the word "modern" is a bit confusing when you're new to posting.

Its a decent needle thread by the mods here I think. I'm not particularly in favour of moderation being heavy handed, but I think it helps when you have such a broad community as this. I have my gripes of course, but I try and keep those from bubbling up.

Jahydin

Hero
Its a decent needle thread by the mods here I think. I'm not particularly in favour of moderation being heavy handed, but I think it helps when you have such a broad community as this. I have my gripes of course, but I try and keep those from bubbling up.
Oh, not talking about moderation, just other users.

Agree about the mods though and I think they do a phenomenal job.
Just getting feedback anytime I got into hot water was a welcome surprise.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Never heard of it, looks good though. What service is it on?

I'm watching it on something called freevee (?) that comes up on the Roku. It says it's also on something called philo (?).

Saw it on TV back in the 80s and much of it on on a rerun channel about a decade ago on broadcast TV.

Last edited:

Mad_Jack

Legend
The original Magnum PI had some fairly big-time tv production people (at the time) working on it.
(Donald P. Bellisario and Glenn A. Larson have a lot of famous tv under their belts - NCIS, JAG, Quantum Leap, Knight Rider, Battlestar Galactica...)

Remove ads