The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

86698063_3298573470169951_2524390723558572032_n.jpg

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Some authors be like: I don't mind that person got the award, but I do mind not being named dropped.
I have a coworker who submits his work for dozens of awards each year, spending hundreds of dollars in entry fees and then always seems surprised and delighted when he wins, which he makes sure to tell us all about.

I keep wondering how far that money would go on therapy, because the awards don't seem to be filling whatever hole he's got inside.

Mad_Jack

Legend
I have a coworker who submits his work for dozens of awards each year, spending hundreds of dollars in entry fees and then always seems surprised and delighted when he wins, which he makes sure to tell us all about.

I keep wondering how far that money would go on therapy, because the awards don't seem to be filling whatever hole he's got inside.

I used to know a guy back in the day that based his entire life on the fact that someday he was going to hit the lottery and be rich. He wouldn't shut up about it. Eventually, he hit for something like $50,000 and acted like he'd won 50 million, then threw a screaming fit when we pointed out that he'd probably spent $20,000 on lottery tickets over the years to do it... :rolleyes:

The second rule of passive aggressive club is, I didn't want to be in your club anyway.

"I refuse to join any club that would have someone like me as a member."

MarkB

Legend
I used to know a guy back in the day that based his entire life on the fact that someday he was going to hit the lottery and be rich. He wouldn't shut up about it. Eventually, he hit for something like $50,000 and acted like he'd won 50 million, then threw a screaming fit when we pointed out that he'd probably spent $20,000 on lottery tickets over the years to do it... :rolleyes:
I keep hoping for the same thing. Must get round to buying a ticket one of these days.

Parmandur

Book-Friend

Who says that isn't therapy?

Though that encapsulates pretty well I don't submit poetry for publication: I'm not paying for the privilege.

Remove ads