The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
For some reason, I've been thinking about Daria.

714176d593dea804dceeb8640d86b4c8.gif

Ryujin

Legend
Anchovy oil doesn't seep into all of the leafy greens, turning their flavor into anchovy. Cheese distributes the oil throughout the pizza and every part of it tastes like anchovy.

Independent of what they taste like, that makes it a bad topping. A topping is supposed to be a team player, not dominate the proceedings.
And in addition to that, in a properly prepared Caesar Salad the anchovy paste is only wiped on the inside of the mixing bowl. It isn't dropped, in chunks, into the salad.

Though to me it doesn't matter, because I actually like those salty little fish.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Anchovy oil doesn't seep into all of the leafy greens, turning their flavor into anchovy. Cheese distributes the oil throughout the pizza and every part of it tastes like anchovy.

Independent of what they taste like, that makes it a bad topping. A topping is supposed to be a team player, not dominate the proceedings.
It's not unreasonable for the protein to be the star of the pizza

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
And in addition to that, in a properly prepared Caesar Salad the anchovy paste is only wiped on the inside of the mixing bowl. It isn't dropped, in chunks, into the salad.

Though to me it doesn't matter, because I actually like those salty little fish.
Huh. I've never heard of that preparation before. In most cookbooks and restaurants, a Caesar salad dressing is made by mashing anchovies into a paste, and then mixing them with lemon juice, garlic, mayo, a little Dijon mustard, and some grated parmesan cheese (then salt and pepper to taste.) Anchovies are completely integrated and infused into a Caesar salad...not sitting atop it where they can be picked out easily... like they would be on a pizza.

But anyway. I think anchovies get a lot of undeserved flack. And I'm with you; I also like those salty little fish.

Remove ads