• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Would you eat a 12" slice of pepperoni, with cheese, sauce and cooked bread atop it?
Season 8 Episode 10 GIF by The Simpsons

Ryujin

Legend
Huh. I've never heard of that preparation before. In most cookbooks and restaurants, a Caesar salad dressing is made by mashing anchovies into a paste, and then mixing them with lemon juice, garlic, mayo, a little Dijon mustard, and some grated parmesan cheese (then salt and pepper to taste.) Anchovies are completely integrated and infused into a Caesar salad...not sitting atop it where they can be picked out easily... like they would be on a pizza.

But anyway. I think anchovies get a lot of undeserved flack. And I'm with you; I also like those salty little fish.
I learnt that method of preparation almost 50 years ago. Adding paste to the dressing is far more easy and less labour intensive, so likely why so many people do it that way.

Remove ads