• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Peacemaker GIF by HBO Max

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
Yeah, bottled is far superior. I hate the metallic tin taste of canned beer. Although, this doesn't seem to be a problem with all beers.
It's much less likely to be a problem in canned beers if you pour the beer into a glass. Much of the metallic taste you get when you drink from a can is from smelling the metal.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
I cannot speak to differences between can and bottle with re: beer, because I do not drink that swill. I would imagine that can flavor helps cover the flavor of the beer, which is terrible, but again, I cannot really make a definitive statement based on experience.

I'm also gonna differentiate between glass and plastic bottles with re: soda, because sodas in glass bottles is far superior to sodas in plastic bottles. It's just that cans are unequivocally the best.

Soda fountains are dead to me. They know what they did.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I cannot speak to differences between can and bottle with re: beer, because I do not drink that swill. I would imagine that can flavor helps cover the flavor of the beer, which is terrible, but again, I cannot really make a definitive statement based on experience.

I'm also gonna differentiate between glass and plastic bottles with re: soda, because sodas in glass bottles is far superior to sodas in plastic bottles. It's just that cans are unequivocally the best.

Soda fountains are dead to me. They know what they did.
Beer in cans is swill, the glass bottles provide a much superior, non-metallic flavor.

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
Beer in cans is swill, the glass bottles provide a much superior, non-metallic flavor.
It's clear that someone prefers their soda with the smell of aluminum, which is fine. If you pour your beer, it doesn't matter whether it's from a can or a bottle--and cans have advantages in terms of being more easily recyclable and lighter. I'll pour very good beers from a can or a bottle, as the brewers choose.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
It's clear that someone prefers their soda with the smell of aluminum, which is fine. If you pour your beer, it doesn't matter whether it's from a can or a bottle--and cans have advantages in terms of being more easily recyclable and lighter. I'll pour very good beers from a can or a bottle, as the brewers choose.
Straight from the bottle for me, I don't use a dish for beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads