The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Mad_Jack

Legend
I've long felt the moment I learned that saying "I was wrong" or "I f'ed up" was a sign of strength was the moment I actually grew up. It was a lot later than it should have been, although obviously sooner than it comes for some.

I've come up with an ingenious and previously-unheard-of strategy for never having to admit I'm wrong - I take the time to figure out the facts/the truth/the right thing to do, etc., and then adopt that as my point of view... :p

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
I've come up with an ingenious and previously-unheard-of strategy for never having to admit I'm wrong - I take the time to figure out the facts/the truth/the right thing to do, etc., and then adopt that as my point of view... :p
Homer Simpson: “Facts are meaningless. You can use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true.”

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
I'm fascinated by the flat earthers. Why do they think anyone would bother with this centuries-long global conspiracy? What possible benefit is there in even people who don't otherwise get along all lining up behind the alleged myth of a round world?
From what I can tell? It's not about them being right. It's the satisfaction that they hope to get by somehow proving everyone else was wrong. Conspiracy theorists live for the day when they can thump their chest and boast to the world about how they were "smarter" than the so-called experts. It's all they have, so they cling to it with all their might and all their powers of self-delusion.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
\
From what I can tell? It's not about them being right. It's the satisfaction that they hope to get by somehow proving everyone else was wrong. Conspiracy theorists live for the day when they can thump their chest and boast to the world about how they were "smarter" than the so-called experts. It's all they have, so they cling to it with all their might and all their powers of self-delusion.

This video is long, but if you haven't seen it before, it's really really really worth watching.

Ryujin

Legend
Some seem to follow the "Checkout Tabloid" school of psychic predictions, for their conspiracy theory. If you doubt literally everything, sooner or later you're bound to be right. Once.

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
I'm fascinated by the flat earthers. Why do they think anyone would bother with this centuries-long global conspiracy? What possible benefit is there in even people who don't otherwise get along all lining up behind the alleged myth of a round world?
Look, they say "the Globe" rotates, so Big Globe feels that if you think the Earth is a sphere, you'll be forced to buy a number of so-called "Mercator projection" maps. But really, it's just flat and one map would do. This is all so they can sell dozens and dozens more maps than they normally would!

Staffan

Legend
Look, they say "the Globe" rotates, so Big Globe feels that if you think the Earth is a sphere, you'll be forced to buy a number of so-called "Mercator projection" maps. But really, it's just flat and one map would do. This is all so they can sell dozens and dozens more maps than they normally would!
No no no. See, the world is a cube, because it exists simultaneously at noon, dusk, midnight, and dawn.

Remove ads