• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
A two-pack of Comments I Didn't Make in Other Threads.

- - - - -

Your friends like to play D&D? Your friends only like to play D&D? So what? They're allowed to like things you don't, and it's really not a problem to be solved. If you keep griping about how bad D&D is, and if you're always dumping on stuff they're trying to enjoy, the problem is you.

Look at it from their perspective. You're acting like a preachy vegan friend who keeps hollering "meat is murder" at the weekly picnic. Do you really believe your behavior will change anyone's opinion of bacon or cheese? do you really think it makes your tofu burger look more appealing?

It sucks and I'm sorry, but if you're the only D&D Hater in the D&D gaming group, you have only three courses of action: (1) learn to love D&D, (2) learn to hate it quietly, or (3) find a different group. Anything else will fail, and make you look like a bully or a jerk in the process.

- - - - -

I don't know who needs to hear this, but: that other game you keep bringing up in every discussion and every thread, the one that's supposed to be so much better than 5E D&D? It's not.

It doesn't have fewer problems; it just has different problems.

Yes, even that one.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Your friends like to play D&D? Your friends only like to play D&D? So what? They're allowed to like things you don't, and it's really not a problem to be solved. If you keep griping about how bad D&D is, and if you're always dumping on stuff they're trying to enjoy, the problem is you.

Look at it from their perspective. You're acting like a preachy vegan friend who keeps hollering "meat is murder" at the weekly picnic. Do you really believe your behavior will change anyone's opinion of bacon or cheese?

It sucks and I'm sorry, but if you're the only D&D Hater in the D&D gaming group, you have only three courses of action: (1) learn to love D&D, (2) learn to hate it quietly, or (3) find a different group. Anything else will fail, and make you look like a bully or a jerk in the process.
ENWorld would be a much quieter forum if everyone was required to go to therapy in order to have posting privileges.

Last edited:

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Look at it from their perspective. You're acting like a preachy vegan friend who keeps hollering "meat is murder" at the weekly picnic.

Cute, Snarf. What have you got for us? In Your Eyes?

say-anything-valentines-day.gif

Naw. It's The Smiths. Meat is Murder. Moz and Marr make the burgers taste better.

Remove ads