The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
Yarghghghghg Just got upgraded windows 11 on work PC and can no longer place my task bar on the left side of the screen...
My "favorite" Windows story was right after my last job "upgraded" to Win 10, and they hadn't found the setting that disables the "I'll update when I want to" functionality. I was digitizing old reel-to-reel tapes, and the computer decided to reboot to finish and update 42 minutes into a 45-ish minute set of reels. I almost defenestrated the damned thing--except the room I was in had no windows.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Reminder: You are not required to engage with people you disagree with. If you hate their nonsense or some nonsense they keep trotting out, you can either ignore the nonsense or even mute the person. This can literally help extend your life (by a teeny tiny amount, but still) by lowering your stress levels. No one gains anything from you continuing to argue with a brick wall.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Reminder: You are not required to engage with people you disagree with. If you hate their nonsense or some nonsense they keep trotting out, you can either ignore the nonsense or even mute the person. This can literally help extend your life (by a teeny tiny amount, but still) by lowering your stress levels. No one gains anything from you continuing to argue with a brick wall.

I actually did that yesterday!! (Resisted engaging). Once I got over the psychic angst of convincing myself I didn't care then it felt great!

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
INTP. Myers-Briggs is updated astrology. At best.

My wife calls Myers-Briggs "astrology for student affairs professionals".

*she's also a student affairs professional

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
"Why am I the only one who's outraged by this?!"

Well, either:
(a) there is a vast, layered conspiracy that spans the whole industry and has managed to deceive almost everyone, but you alone have sole access to the complete truth of the matter, or
(b) it's not outrageous.

I'm going with (b). Occam's Razor and all that.

"Why am I the only one who's outraged by this?!"

Well, either:
(a) there is a vast, layered conspiracy that spans the whole industry and has managed to deceive almost everyone, but you alone have sole access to the complete truth of the matter, or
(b) it's not outrageous.

I'm going with (b). Occam's Razor and all that.
or C: Others are outraged by it but have come to the conclusion it's not worth getting upset over in the grand scheme of things

Remove ads