The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

1000000143.jpg

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
This talk about Myers-Briggs reminded me of an old D&D survey that would generate your "character sheet" by asking you questions. Apparently it would use the game rules for things like holding your breath to figure your Constitution score and lifting weights to back-calculate your Strength, ethics questions to determine your alignment, that old outdated IQ test to determine Intelligence, etc.

I couldn't find it with a cursory Google search, but I remember being unimpressed with it. Literally: the real-world me is not an impressive D&D character. No magical ability, 10 or 11 in almost every stat, only proficient with medium armor (I've worn football pads before), two whole levels of Expert, that sort of thing.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
I would just like folks who want to publish or comment in the media about psychometrics to have... I don't know... some training in psychometrics beyond, say, a single class on SEM or the like.

I would also like to have skill in psychometry instead of psychometrics. It feels like that would be much more lucrative.

Remove ads