• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Thomas Shey

Legend
I don't think logic matters here so much as force of habit.

If you grew up in a household that had analog clocks on the walls and then raised your family in a household with analog clocks on the walls, you will likely A) continue to think clocks belong on your walls where you're living now and B) likely to think of analog clocks.

Amazon has 10 zillion analog clocks, most of them between $10 and $20. Someone's buying all of them, and I bet they're mostly Baby Boomers and Gen Xers.

I dunno; I've got the two analog clocks, but I've also got a digital table clock, one with a weather station, and the alarm clock. And I certainly grew up with an analog clock but the biggest reason the one in the kitchen is is because I wanted that second hand.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I dunno; I've got the two analog clocks, but I've also got a digital table clock, one with a weather station, and the alarm clock. And I certainly grew up with an analog clock but the biggest reason the one in the kitchen is is because I wanted that second hand.
I wasn't speaking strictly about you, Thomas Shey, unless you are buying thousands of analog clocks on Amazon all by yourself.

Ryujin

Legend
I still have the battery powered analog clock that I used to watch like a hawk, waiting for 5:00pm to roll around, at my last job in computer manufacturing. When they closed our branch and started tossing out everything I packed it and my office chair up in the back of my car, then started smashing work benches with a piece of 2x4. They had to be removed, because they had sold the building.

EDIT - That was more than 25 years ago ;)

soviet

Hero
The problem is when its not clear something is being presented as a generalization rather than a quasi-universal. I think people should be more careful of that than they tend to be (notice the "tend" there?)
OK but the poster said 'likely' twice and 'I bet they're mostly' once. Wasn't it clear that the post was a generalisation?

captain-america-language-96o2tz2nq9j1qa97.webp

Remove ads