• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hussar

Legend
"I almost never have luck trying to order a pizza that I like at most places. There's too much focus on mozzarella and a tomato based sauce... and even if you break away it isn't far, some still Italian style white sauce and ooh, maybe gouda or provolone. Seriously, there is absolutely no reason for pizza places to avoid making salsa and something like cheddar or queso fresco, or just anything at all that isn't mozzarella and tomato! And why this wheat crust, go for corn tortilla. I mean, I love pizza but your rigidity and being stuck on the past is stifling. Mmmm what if it was uncooked fish on rice for crust pizza with a wasabi/soy sauce...."

Seriously. At some point realize the problem isn't the pizza or pizza places. It's your not admitting you actually don't like pizza and are too afraid to just go to a different type of restaurant (or several different kinds) or cook at home.
The truly funny thing is, if you live outside of Canada or the States, you realize that other countries get REALLY weird about pizza. I mean, the Pizza Hut in town has mentaiko pizza. Basically pizza with fish eggs. And yes, it's as bad as it sounds.

But, the point is, while I absolutely turn up my nose at this pizza, there are actually lots folks who like it.

Flexible is good.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
The truly funny thing is, if you live outside of Canada or the States, you realize that other countries get REALLY weird about pizza. I mean, the Pizza Hut in town has mentaiko pizza. Basically pizza with fish eggs. And yes, it's as bad as it sounds.

But, the point is, while I absolutely turn up my nose at this pizza, there are actually lots folks who like it.

Flexible is good.

Flexible is good!

Is it safe to say the person who likes mentaiko pizza but poo-poos hard on anything vaguely Italian/American-Pseudo-Italian (whether white sauce or red, mozzarella or provolone+Gouda, thin crust or thick) isn't particularly demonstrating being flexible? Now I'm wondering if there are any pizza places that advertise themselves as a pizza place that don't offer any of the standard pizzas.

And I like Tostadas and Sushi. But it would feel odd if someone were to go to a pizza place and complain they weren't on the menu.

(In Germany it was Tuna on Pizza at the Pizza Hut. Clumps of canned tuna :-/ ).

Hussar

Legend
Flexible is good!

Is it safe to say the person who likes mentaiko pizza but poo-poos hard on anything vaguely Italian/American-Pseudo-Italian (whether white sauce or red, mozzarella or provolone+Gouda, thin crust or thick) isn't particularly demonstrating being flexible? Now I'm wondering if there are any pizza places that advertise themselves as a pizza place that don't offer any of the standard pizzas.

And I like Tostadas and Sushi. But it would feel odd if someone were to go to a pizza place and complain they weren't on the menu.

(In Germany it was Tuna on Pizza at the Pizza Hut. Clumps of canned tuna :-/ ).
Heh. Come to Japan. It's nearly impossible to get a pepperoni pizza in a lot of places. Egg and mayonaisse? No problem. Pepperoni and mushroom? Forget about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads