• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sign o' the times: When I saw a reference to a drag race, I didn't immediately think of cars.
And I'm OK with that.

Y'know, there's a fun analogy buried somewhere in there. Something about how drag racing started from what was essentially a challenge of "can we build it?" car manufacturing mixed with a little racing (and bravery), to a high tech world of optimizing with science and engineering, to finally come to modern times where the term "drag racing" is all about show and, let's say, characters. And during the exact same time period, D&D started off as "can we kill it?" wargaming with a bit of roleplaying (and fantasy) mixed in, to a world of class builds with options and optimizations, to modern times when lots of people just want to focus more on the story and, let's say, characters.

You know, if you really wanted to have a meaningful discussion on that topic it would probably serve you better to focus more and not broadly mention semi-related things that are likey to trigger people to post emotionally weighted and unrelated responses.

... Unless the purpose of the thread wasn't really to have meaningful discussion. But who would do that on the internet?

Scribe

Legend
Unless the purpose of the thread wasn't really to have meaningful discussion. But who would do that on the internet?

The very thought...

Anyway, sometimes things work out.

Dance Party Dancing GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads