The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Janx

Hero
I am convinced that there are some people and ideas that are served best by just the right amount of talking. In real life, these people are often held in place by the constraints of actual conversation. On the internet, sometimes they just keep posting forever.
Yup. I try to realize if I'm re-replying with basically the same thing I already said. Once the conversation has looped, it's time to stop, they haven't gotten my point and likely won't.

or if I wrote a long reply. Good sign that I wasted my time, and I delete it without posting which is a smaller waste of my time and none of the blowback.

I've got to reach the next stage of not replying or posting to achieve Nullvana.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
One of my problems IRL is that I'll keep talking without reading the room. I'll step on toes, offend people, and come across as a know-it-all. Too much time in the DM seat has made me think that I need to try to lead discussions.
I do that. I have autism, and don't have great social skills (reading the room, gestures, etc), which makes it difficult to communicate in person. I prefer communicating online, because it's easier for me to get my point across through text than speech.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
Many comments in many threads, that I haven't made.

Start responding to someone. Drift into political, religious, or other taboo territory. < CTRL > + A. Del. Move on.
What's sad is this forum software keeps your response in that thread unless you clear cookies... At least it does for me.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
I really had a big post planned for the Recommendation of a cheap laptop thread. But I stopped when I realized it just summed up to one sentence.

I don't recommend a PC for anything beyond mail-checking and browsing under $600. Every personal and professional experience says, it just isn't worth it to cut corners like that on a computer. Also having knowledge about the quality of the parts used in those cheaper commercial units, and the ever growing resources needed for OS and software. Not to mention the bloatware that can accompany those devices.

I didn't want to thread crap though. Sigh.

I really had a big post planned for the Recommendation of a cheap laptop thread. But I stopped when I realized it just summed up to one sentence.

I don't recommend a PC for anything beyond mail-checking and browsing under $600. Every personal and professional experience says, it just isn't worth it to cut corners like that on a computer. Also having knowledge about the quality of the parts used in those cheaper commercial units, and the ever growing resources needed for OS and software. Not to mention the bloatware that can accompany those devices.

I didn't want to thread crap though. Sigh.

Good call. I totally would have debated you on that. OTOH, if you feel up to starting a new thread I'm happy to have a friendly go at it :)

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
Good call. I totally would have debated you on that. OTOH, if you feel up to starting a new thread I'm happy to have a friendly go at it :)

Nah I am good. The other underlying reason is that I do enough computer hardware and performance discussion at work.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases