The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
In this world, being able to identify the real villain of a piece is a rarity. Expect people to revel in it.

I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED!

DigitalGrouchyGerbil-size_restricted.gif

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
In this world, being able to identify the real villain of a piece is a rarity. Expect people to revel in it.
And now I'm even more grateful the site doesn't allow discussing politics!

(Also, I'm wondering if your statement explains how DMs are treated in a bunch of threads... ).

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Last night I watched Drive My Car (nominee for Best Picture and Best Director at the Academy Awards). It's on HBO Max for those who stream. Here are my impressions-

1. It's three hours long.

2. It's really powerful.

3. It's three hours long.

4. You don't have to know Chekhov or Uncle Vanya, but ... woah. The film isn't at all about that, but it's also not ... not about that.

5. It's, you know, three hours long.

6. Parts of the movie were just incredibly devastating; not in the way that you have this big Hollywood pathos (like a Sophie's Choice) but just in the quiet way life can be.

7. Note- contains language suitable for broadcast at 11:30pm

8. If you have three hours ... three uninterrupted hours (this isn't a "watch in the background" kind of movie ... this is a full attention thing) I really recommend it. I wondered what all the hoopla was about, and now I get it.

Last edited:

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Last night I watched Drive My Car (nominee for Best Picture and Best Director at the Academy Awards). It's on HBO Max for those who stream. Here are my impressions-

1. It's three hours long.

2. It's really powerful.

3. It's three hours long.

4. You don't have to know Chekhov or Uncle Vanya, but ... woah. The film isn't at all about that, but it's also not ... not about that.

5. It's, you know, three hours long.

6. Parts of the movie were just incredibly devastating; not in the way that you have this big Hollywood pathos (like a Sophie's Choice) but just in the quiet way life can be.

7. Note- contains language suitable for broadcast at 11:30pm

8. If you have three hours ... three uninterrupted hours (this isn't a "watch in the background" kind of movie ... this is a full attention thing) I really recommend it. I wandered what all the hoopla was about, and now I get it.
Three hours!? No way Imma just watch an entire season of something else instead. ;)

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
I don't know who needs to hear this, but I'm raffling off some electronic books on DM's Guild, over in my latest Survivor Thread.
It looks like the prize will be either "The Tortle Package" or "Domains of Delight," but it's really too early to tell. Three lucky participants will win their own copy, so go check it out.
Sadly, I already have both of those. In fact, I have at two-thirds of the ones you posted! I wouldn't mind getting one that I haven't, yet, but those are likely to be voted off first!

Remove ads