The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Asisreo

Patron Badass
wut? wut?

I'm living in Japan. They've never heard of Shiracha. They wouldn't know habenero sauce from red paint. Salsa is occasionally available, if you want to call it that. Spicy sauces? Good luck with that.

Welcome to a country with like zero immigration. To give you an idea, if you went into fifteen "Italian" restaurants here and tried to order linguini, you would have zero luck 15 times. Italian pasta=spaghetti only. No ravioli. No lazagna. No torellini. It's spaghetti or nothing. I haven't seen Greek food here, like ever. I'd commit several crimes to get a good souvlaki or dolmades.

I am happy living here, but, man the food blows.
You've ruined my dreams of visiting Japan 😭

dragoner

KosmicRPG.com
I have a decent number of Japanese follows because of my game, and they post pics of their food, it's interesting, though I think more about presentation, rather than variety.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
wut? wut?

I'm living in Japan. They've never heard of Shiracha. They wouldn't know habenero sauce from red paint. Salsa is occasionally available, if you want to call it that. Spicy sauces? Good luck with that.

Welcome to a country with like zero immigration. To give you an idea, if you went into fifteen "Italian" restaurants here and tried to order linguini, you would have zero luck 15 times. Italian pasta=spaghetti only. No ravioli. No lazagna. No torellini. It's spaghetti or nothing. I haven't seen Greek food here, like ever. I'd commit several crimes to get a good souvlaki or dolmades.

That's somewhat surprising.

G

Guest 7034872

wut? wut?

Man, I'm sorry to read that. So you can't even find good Vietnamese food anywhere? Or Korean?

Hussar

Legend
I have a decent number of Japanese follows because of my game, and they post pics of their food, it's interesting, though I think more about presentation, rather than variety.
Oh, this is 100% true. Presentation is SOOO important here. I've had Japanese friends of mine turn up their noses at a roast beef dinner because it wasn't pretty enough. Granted, once they tried it, they were over the moon. But, their initial reaction was, "It's just all brown. No colors!" Presentation matters so much. Heck, that's why you get everything on those bajillion little plates instead of on one big plate like we do in Canada (usually).

Man, I'm sorry to read that. So you can't even find good Vietnamese food anywhere? Or Korean?
Korean's pretty easy to find - well, sort of. Japanese version of Korean barbecue anyway. Surprisingly little actual Korean food - maybe some (really bad) kimchi in the supermarket. Things like I used to eat when I lived in Korea though are pretty hard to find. IN the bigger cities, you might get some vietnamese.

Remove ads