The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
feel the same way about candy corn, too. It's not that bad, people only hate it because Twitter told them to.
I'm with you on the pineapple pizza, but I knew candy corn was garbage before the internet was even a thing.
Candy corn is literally the best.
It's Baked honey, it's totally dope.
Only somebody who thinks candy corn is "the best" would use the phrase "totally dope" lol

Davies

Legend
I am constantly bemused by the lengths people will go to defend fictional characters.
I am constantly disgusted by the vitriol people employ when attacking fictional characters for their supposed crimes against equally fictional characters.

Also, bemused means "confused", not "amused", which is what you clearly meant.

Last edited:

Hussar

Legend
I am constantly disgusted by the vitriol people employ when attacking fictional characters for their supposed crimes against equally fictional characters.

Also, bemused means "confused", not "amused", which is what you clearly meant.
Oh no. I meant bemused. Not amused about it at all. I find it endlessly confusing to be honest. I can't imagine being that invested in a fictional character that I would ever go to the lengths that I see people go to to "prove" that their fictional character isn't all that bad. Whether it's endlessly claiming that Belkar from Order of the Stick wasn't evil or now Wanda Maximoff isn't really a villain, just misunderstood, I do find it bemusing, baffling and frankly, just a teensy bit frightening that people would get so invested in a character that no matter the evidence to the contrary, that character can never, ever be seen as a villain or bad.

So, no, I didn't not "clearly" mean amused at all. I don't think it's amusing in the slightest.

Davies

Legend
Oh no. I meant bemused. Not amused about it at all. I find it endlessly confusing to be honest. I can't imagine being that invested in a fictional character that I would ever go to the lengths that I see people go to to "prove" that their fictional character isn't all that bad. Whether it's endlessly claiming that Belkar from Order of the Stick wasn't evil or now Wanda Maximoff isn't really a villain, just misunderstood, I do find it bemusing, baffling and frankly, just a teensy bit frightening that people would get so invested in a character that no matter the evidence to the contrary, that character can never, ever be seen as a villain or bad.

So, no, I didn't not "clearly" mean amused at all. I don't think it's amusing in the slightest.
My apologies, then. It's a shame that your attempts to express this confusion are indistinguishable from attempts to provoke the anger of those who do become so invested, out of amusement at their frustration.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Dear Tasha,

I think my friends have a problem and am writing to see how I can help them. They each have strange views of pizza they fixate on. When a joke is made about pineapple, Xanthar always points out that he likes it, Mordenkainen will always comment that he actually likes Pizza Hut if it gets ripped on, Fizban likes Detroit style, etc... Even though I don't really care about Pizza, I spend hundreds of hours trying to point out why they're objectively wrong. How can I get them to see they clearly need help?

-Volo
Lost on the Sword Coast

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases