The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Don't get me wrong, I like Eberron Chicago-style pizza. I like how it really celebrates the dungeonpunk asthetic sauce, something that most other campaign settings pizzas will only use sparingly. And the sheer volume of it means that you can truly put whatever game elements toppings you can imagine in there. You want playable robots, goblin bards, and mad-scientists pineapple, anchovies, and ham? Go for it, there's plenty of room!

But the problem is, it's a casserole...not a pizza. A delicious casserole, yes, but it's more like a lasagna than a pizza. And if you're craving pizza or lasagna, you're going to be disappointed.

Lasagna's and casseroles don't have formal crusts. The former always has noodles. Calling it a cheese and tomato pie would at least be plausible.

I have trouble imagining anyone in Chicago putting pineapple or fish on a Pizza short of mental derangement or torture. Ham of accompanied by enough other meats, sure.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
Lasagna's and casseroles don't have crusts. Calling it a cheese and tomato pie would at least be plausible.

I have trouble imagining anyone in Chicago putting pineapple or fish on a Pizza short of mental derangement or torture. Ham of accompanied by enough other meats, sure.
And yet, lots of folks enjoy "pineapple" and "anchovies" in their "Chicago-style" "pizza."

It's a metaphor, you see.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
And yet, lots of folks enjoy "pineapple" and "anchovies" in their "Chicago-style" "pizza."

Wait, they like different pizza than me when not deranged or being tortured!?! That sounds like some fake internet conspiracy panic.

It's a metaphor, you see.

Is that an agent that produces agents about agenting or something?

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Supporter
Lasagna's and casseroles don't have formal crusts. The former always has noodles.

So is lasagna really just someone in New Zealand trying to make a Chicago-style "pizza?"

:unsure:

D6bb71CUUAAR-AR

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
So is lasagna really just someone in New Zealand trying to make a Chicago-style "pizza?"

:unsure:

Making fun of pizza is fine, but mocking other folks' sacred things like Lasagna is uncalled for*!!!!

Anyway...
Ked's "World Famous" Lasagna

1 lb. Italian Sausage
1 Clove Minced Garlic
1 tblsp. Basil
1 lb. Can Whole Tomatoes
18 oz. Tomato Paste

Brown the sausage (drain). Then mix in the garlic, basil, tomatoes, and paste. Make sure to break up the tomatoes as you do so. Simmer for 30 minutes.

6 Lasagna Noodles

Cook until almost, but not quite, done

2 Eggs
1.5 cups Ricotta Cheese
1.5 cups Cottage Cheese
1/2 cup Grated Parmesan (The actual cheese, not the powdered stuff)
2 tblsp. Parsley Flakes
1/2 tsp. Pepper

Mix Eggs, Ricotta, Cottage, and Parmesan Cheeses, Parsley, and Pepper together

1/2 lb. Thin Sliced Mozzarella

In a two** quart baking dish, layer as follows

Half of Noodles [Bottom] (Ripping them as needed to fit the pan)
Half of Ricotta Mixture
Half of Mozzarella Slices
Half of Sauce Mixture[Top]
Repeat

Bake for 30 minutes at 375. Allow to sit at least 10 minutes before cutting. Works fine (or maybe better) if you cook it the night before and refrigerate. Will still take about 30 minutes at 375 or so to warm it.

* Except for my grandmothers Lasagna - which I think used ground beef, American cheese food product, and seemingly no spices iirc. Why couldn't she have stuck to chicken and dumplings, cookies, and pies!? But she was a German-American farm kid so Lasagna probably wasn't a thing for her. Everyone has their flaws. Her chocolate chip cookies were better than anything anyone in your family ever dreamed of.

** I'm sometimes not sure if this big enough

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
Here's my family recipe for lasagna.

SUMMERTIME LASAGNA
====================
2 oz. Maker's Mark bourbon
1 teaspoon coarse raw sugar
fresh peppermint leaves
crushed ice
cold water

Muddle the sugar and 4 large mint leaves together in an 8-oz highball glass. Fill with crushed ice, then add the bourbon. Top off with water, if desired (or a little extra bourbon, if that's how you roll). Then stir slowly until the glass is well frosted. Garnish with a sprig of mint, and serve.

Actually, that's the family recipe for a mint julep. But I hear it's pretty much the same thing.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Here's my family recipe for lasagna.

SUMMERTIME LASAGNA
====================
2 oz. Maker's Mark bourbon
1 teaspoon coarse raw sugar
fresh peppermint leaves
crushed ice
cold water

Muddle the sugar and 4 large mint leaves together in an 8-oz highball glass. Fill with crushed ice, then add the bourbon. Top off with water, if desired (or a little extra bourbon, if that's how you roll). Then stir slowly until the glass is well frosted. Garnish with a sprig of mint, and serve.

Actually, that's the family recipe for a mint julep. But I hear it's pretty much the same thing.
I mean, if Lasagna means "sacred family food", seems solid!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads