The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
Seven Brides For Seven Brothers Dance GIF
The musical? (let's see who gets it)
Well, considering that Seven Brides for Seven Women is based on the Rape of the Sabine women ... seems apt, somehow.

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
For me, it's a grammar/spelling thing. OK, maybe something else a bit, because I can't let something just sit when I know that I've made a spelling or grammar error.

Though maybe 1/10 posts I start end up being deleted, without completion.
Yeah, this is closer to me. Though occasionally I'll rephrase or expand on a point when I realize I was unclear or phrased something awkwardly.

Well, considering that Seven Brides for Seven Women is based on the Rape of the Sabine women ... seems apt, somehow.
"for seven women"? Or Brothers?

Didn't know that
One of my most hated musicals and a significant reason why I despised the art form for many years.
It's what happens when you give a shoestring budget to something that should have had an actual budget. Seriously you can see a bird fly right into the background and then land on the ground lol

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Friday Cocktails with Snarf

Today, allow me to introduce you a summer favorite for you to enjoy while there is still a bit of summer left!

The Negroni Sbagliato (the "broken Negroni") was apparently made by accident when someone screwed up making their regular Negroni. Instead of gin, prosecco was used. Refreshing! You probably want to drink eight or ten of these on the patio before moving on to real cocktails.

Ingredients
Equal parts sweet vermouth, Campari, and sparkling wine (prosecco is recommended).

I recommend
1 1/2 oz Sweet Vermouth
1 1/2 oz Campari
1 1/2 oz Prosecco

Directions
1. Fill old-fashioned ("rocks") glass with ice.
2. Add vermouth and Campari. Stir.
3. Add Prosecco. Stir.
4. Garnish with orange wheel.
5. Hand the drink to someone who likes "light" and "refreshing" beverages.
6. Drink shots of Jeppson's Malört until you recall that life is pain, and then forget it again.

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
Wednesday night I finally had a Little Giuseppe (a la Eastern Standard; Cynar and Punt e Mes, large ice cube, salt on the ice cube), as my third drink at Industry East after a Saztec (mezcal-based Sazerac) and a Thunder Kiss (Singani 63, Cardamaro, lemon, grapefruit, cinnamon). Super tasty.

Last edited:

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Ooooo, it's cocktail hour!

Here's one for ya:

Honeybee
2 oz. Bombay gin
1 oz. Bärenjäger honey liquor
Juice of one lemon

Shake with ice, strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with a curl of lemon rind.

Remove ads