• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Mixed with the cottage cheese (and parmesan), it seems to work really erll in our lasagna. All ricotta was not good, but all cottage wasn't either (although better than all ricotta)
All ricotta in a lasagna works fine as far as I'm concerned. But it is true that cottage cheese works pretty well as a substitute if ricotta isn't your thing.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
They can also be made good in the right circumstances (namely Nachos and Philly Cheesesteaks)
The Velveeta can also be mixed with Jimmy Dean spicy sausage, spread on party rye bread, and baked for 10 minutes for a tasty treat for winter entertaining.

Edit to avoid uncooked sausage grossness: brown and drain the sausage, and then melt the velveeta into it.

Last edited:

Bolares

Hero
Look, if you want ruin a perfectly good pasta with the worst cheese imaginable that's on you. It still boggles the mind that someone somehow made cheese... bad. How do you do that?!
Ricotta does overpower the flavour of a lot of dishes, I grant you that. But in the right proportion, and in the right dish, it's delicious!

Bolares

Hero
Mixed with the cottage cheese (and parmesan), it seems to work really well in our lasagna. All ricotta was not good, but all cottage wasn't either (although better than all ricotta)
I usually go for mussarella (I don't know how you gringos spell this) as the main cheese, and use parmesan for the toping.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
That sounds delightful, actually.
Brown the sausage, drain, melt in equal amount of cheese. 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until browned enough.

Haven't been able to find the party rye bread this past year, but my cousin says that cutting up regular rye bread slices work. (My aunt introduced it to the family. She used both ground beef and sausage, but we've cut out the beef).

Remove ads