The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
My players have been accepted in a magical university to access its library. They will use this as "home base" for some time, and I'd like to make something fun (I mean, more fun than "you get advantage on your Lore checks about so and so") out of researching things in the library. I am not really sure of what I want to do, it's just that I feel there is something to be done to use library search as a prompt for adventure. Also, I know that research is generally not an exciting activity. People basejump for adrenaline, they hardly decide to enquire about the history of a medieval citadel near where they live, so I really wasn't sure it was something that could be gamified.
The Stygian Library is an amazing systemless dungeon/demiplane/creepy riff on a Discworld concept. The dungeon is generated randomly in play (it's a magical space, so it doesn't have to make sense). I've run it before for Strixhaven characters and it worked great. Highly recommended.

EDIT: Oh, and the driving hook in it is specifically that player characters are looking for a specific hard to find book.

Last edited:

Mad_Jack

Legend
I’ve really become rather apathetic to this whole situation….I just not interested in drowning myself it all of this, my depression is already doing that of the consistent. I just want to enjoy playing…

I hate feeling so disinterested in the community but this is where I’m at.

Hugz.jpg.ca1e800ae8da6723f6b041ff3f98fc18.jpg

Also, randomly, here's a couple pictures of a baby xenomorph dressed as Little Cindy Lou Who, complete with stuffed facehugger...

1674785655056.png

1674785604706.png

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
So hey, I did a thing. I made business cards for this Aarakocra scumbag character I'm playing. I hand this out to new characters/NPCs when I meet them and then promptly throw up an animal carcass in the ensuing awkward silence.

I demand verisimilitude in my games.

20230127_055409[1].jpg

Last edited:

Remove ads