The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
"Nothing is perfectly safe. Congress could make it so that no license could protect derivative works, or ban copyright altogether. You're silly to base your stuff on anything involving any IP and ttRPGs. A movement could start tomorrow to have a constitutional amendment banning role-playing!"
I mean, I get how wild that is. But on the other hand... I saw people I had previously considered to be 100% rational adults, take my roleplaying game materials, tell me quite seriously that even owning these made me a bad boy, and then throw them away. (We didn't burn the books in NJ, from what I can recall. They just got thrown into the trash with the broken Trapper Keepers, apple cores, and frayed leg warmers. But I may be dating myself, there.) It happened once. Could it happen again? Not the same way, certainly not. But that leaves a lot of room for other ways...

There are no stupid opinions.

Just stupid people people with bad opinions.
I feel called out.

EDIT, for the record: Mrs. Kerstapple, I can assure you, I asked many, many girls throughout my high school and college careers. And, no, owning roleplaying game materials did not make me a "Bad Boy," in any beneficial material sense.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
1675097201583.png

Remove ads