The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Scribe

Legend
GIF by Zack Kantor

Jolly Ruby

Privateer
Commenting here because I don't think it's worth a thread.

A concept: a lawful chaotic paladin. He is in service of a great lawful power in the struggle against chaos. However his moral compass and all his tactics are chaotic in nature. He is destructive, only uses inverted spells, he don't see laws as limitations, just speedbumps between him and the objectives assigned to him. He is constantly infuriating the entity above who gives him power, losing his powers and atoning to regain it. But he always gets the job done. And his name is Bond, James Bond.

(Just rewatched Cassino Royale with my girlfriend and got in a debate about if Bond is chaotic or lawful)

Scribe

Legend

A concept: a lawful chaotic paladin. He is in service of a great lawful power in the struggle against chaos. However his moral compass and all his tactics are chaotic in nature. He is destructive, only uses inverted spells, he don't see laws as limitations, just speedbumps between him and the objectives assigned to him. He is constantly infuriating the entity above who gives him power, losing his powers and atoning to regain it. But he always gets the job done. And his name is Bond, James Bond.

(Just rewatched Cassino Royale with my girlfriend and got in a debate about if Bond is chaotic or lawful)

In a world where LG is still a requirement for Paladins, I'd be on board with this somehow being an alignment. :D

This is basically the role of the Operative in Serenity. The only difference is that the Operative is self aware of the cognitive dissonance.

Remove ads