The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Wow. Are we really already back to "people who make art I personally deem problematic must be personally problematic"? I guess every horror writer and every mystery writer are all closeted serial killers. Better put them on a list so we can question them first if anything bad happens. Ugh.
If The Shoe Fits GIF by GIPHY News

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
When your golden cage is empty
And you've made your great escape,
They can do what they want with your flesh and your bones
But your soul they cannot take.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
I'm not gonna be That Guy who starts yelling "I don't see the problem, so it's not really a problem," but I don't get this whole Martials vs. Spellcasters thing. There are lots of threads out there from people trying to fix some kind of power imbalance that they've observed between the two types of characters, so obviously it's an issue. It keeps coming up every few months.

I just feel a little bit left out, like everyone's laughing but I'm not in on the joke. I've played both martial characters and spellcasters, and each has been as underpowered or overpowered as I wanted them to be. I've never seen the problems that folks are trying to fix or the issues they are describing, in spite of countless people "volunteering" to "help me" understand them over the years. I'm starting to wonder if I really am doing it wrong.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I'm not gonna be That Guy who starts yelling "I don't see the problem, so it's not really a problem," but I don't get this whole Martials vs. Spellcasters thing. There are lots of threads out there from people trying to fix some kind of power imbalance that they've observed between the two types of characters, so obviously it's an issue. It keeps coming up every few months.

I just feel a little bit left out, like everyone's laughing but I'm not in on the joke. I've played both martial characters and spellcasters, and each has been as underpowered or overpowered as I wanted them to be. I've never seen the problems they are trying to fix or the issues they are describing, in spite of countless people "volunteering" to "help me" understand them over the years. I'm starting to wonder if I really am doing it wrong.
I think its quite possible to get this and also to never see it. Its like the 5 min workday conundrum. Playstyle, frequency, and intensity all will impact how you play the game. The fact that you can not have these issues does not make them not issues is a real problem. Thats why I avoid saying things like "X edition fixed that" because its a subjective viewpoint. I really wish folks would lead with preferences instead of truths. YMMV

Remove ads