The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
It's so nice when you finally recapture those (admittedly random and rather weird) bits of your childhood like this. đź’€
I had a few songs by local bands in Seattle I heard and loved as a teenager that stuck with me for years and years, and I couldn't find again, but could recall snippets of and titles in some cases. Fast forward to YouTube launching a dozen years later, and I start checking there. Nothing. But I kept checking back periodically, and lo and behold, they basically all eventually showed up. One of them I commented on the video expressing my pleasure and amazement that it had appeared and I was hearing the full song for the first time in a couple of decades, and the lead singer replied thanking me for the support.

The internet is pretty cool sometimes.

Mad_Jack

Legend
It's so nice when you finally recapture those (admittedly random and rather weird) bits of your childhood like this. đź’€

For decades, everyone I knew looked at me like I was preaching flat earth ideology when I talked about how Patrick Duffy (famous for playing Bobby Ewing on Dallas) had starred in a tv series I used to watch called Man From Atlantis...

Thank you, IMDB...

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Well, that post was about as much a "neener, neener, nyaaah" as I've seen in a while.
Lily Tomlin Netflix GIF by Grace and Frankie

Thomas Shey

Legend
I had a few songs by local bands in Seattle I heard and loved as a teenager that stuck with me for years and years, and I couldn't find again, but could recall snippets of and titles in some cases. Fast forward to YouTube launching a dozen years later, and I start checking there. Nothing. But I kept checking back periodically, and lo and behold, they basically all eventually showed up. One of them I commented on the video expressing my pleasure and amazement that it had appeared and I was hearing the full song for the first time in a couple of decades, and the lead singer replied thanking me for the support.

The internet is pretty cool sometimes.
I've had this experience with a lot of old fan filk music.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Work venting:

giphy.gif

I am not under you in the org chart. I am in a completely different branch. You don't give me orders and you certainly don't steal food off my plate. And if push comes to shove, I'm 99% sure they value me more than they do you. If you want to go to war, go ahead, but I have successfully defeated multiple managers in your office in the past, which if we weren't all doing WFH, they would have told you.

(Also, you're not really a manager. No one reports to you. This is the company giving you a salaried position so they can make you work 100 hours in a week if they want to. They have already demonstrated what they think of you with this move.)

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I can picture lots of movies starting with nuclear fusion and superhuman AI... but very few end up in Star Trekian utopia. Am I too negative. Off to Google that.

View attachment 354095
Curiously, an edition of the Encyclopedia Galactica which fell through a rift in the time-space continuum from 1,000 years in the future describes Sam Altman as "a mindless jerk who was the first against the wall when the revolution came."

Well, you kinda had to be there. Or bought the comic books. I have a couple of those.
Yeah, Man From Atlantis wasn't exactly one of those shows that got much syndication after production ended. If you didn't see it when it was on you weren't going to catch it at all past '79 or so.

I remember having all seven of the Marvel comics, which weren't half bad for what they were. Credit to Bill Mantlo for doing his best with it, but it just wasn't on par with Rom or Micronauts when all's said and done. Maybe Shogun Warriors though. That was pretty dreadful. :)

Remove ads