The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
I am surprised. My memories insist that I heard Countdown a lot more than Carrie, by a ratio of several hundred to one. As in, I distinctly remember having to change stations to get away from it after a few months, which is usually a sign of chart success.

Was your regular a pop station or a rock station? (And sometimes not much difference between 3 and 8 depending on what's ahead of it on the charts?)

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
I woke up the morning before comps in grad school and my mind was dreaming “the final countdown.” As in my brain played it with fidelity and I wake up with a start still hearing it…how appropriate!

Was your regular a pop station or a rock station? (And sometimes not much difference between 3 and 8 depending on what's ahead of it on the charts?)
Hmmm, 1986 would have been the college station at SUNY Binghamton and whatever other local stations were around, which were a mix of rock and pop IIRC. Plus whatever NY and PA stations I drove past while visiting friends westward or coming and going on holidays. Spent a lot of time in my car that year.

I wonder if Fat Cat Comics is still afloat out there. Fond memories of them as my FLGS and comic shop at school. They sold me the Warhammer 40K rulebook and introduced me to Flaming Carrot, and were the only place I've ever seen a physical copy of the Well World RPG. Google search...yep, there they are. New ownership (probably several times over since 86) and a new location, but still in Johnson City and still in business. Pretty good run for that kind of shop.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I mean, you can leave the house, they'll just flee from you. They're big as birds go but they aren't aggressively territorial like geese or even roosters. The problem is that they're kind of dumb and will head right into traffic trying to get away and you don't really want that happening.

Less of a physical danger than a potential guilt trip, really.
Probably, but they can be aggressive. Especially in early-mid June for the couple of weeks when they are walking around with their unfledged chicks. They can become very aggresive.

1713500172722.png

Hey! How dare that turkey strike a super-hero pose! Better alert the D&D wizard art thread!

Maybe Minnesotan turkeys are more aggressive. Or we are too Minnesota Nice to stand up to them. Probably the later. Even our Department of Natural Resources just tells people to stop being such wusses and stand up to the turkeys: "This turkey has literally taken over our life": Wild turkey terrorizing neighbors in Coon Rapids

Then again, the Natural Park Service isn't helping:

Maybe Minnesotan turkeys are more aggressive. Or we are too Minnesota Nice to stand up to them.
Going by state stereotypes shouldn't the New York turkeys be the ones forming dangerous urban gangs? It's really the beavers you need to keep an eye out for around here. Maybe they've terrorized our turkey population into being abnormally non-confrontational or something. Beaver racketeers at work or something.

"Nice nesting ground you've got here. Be a shame if it got flooded, don't you think?"

Remove ads