• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Other thread.

Look, I know your schtick is to be incredible, laughably wrong in your absurdly sweeping generalizations…but damn. That’s got to be a new heavy-duty blindfold you’re wearing to bust out that hot take.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I miss when super-hero comic series could have a bunch of stories that didn't involve threats to the entire planet/universe/multi-verse.
I think Marvel may have permanently broken Spider-Man with the Spiderverse stories, as great as the resulting movies have been. There's now always going to be fans who chafe at "friendly neighborhood Spider-Man," which historically has been the baseline for the franchise.

Last edited:

Thomas Shey

Legend
I think Marvel may have permanently broken Spider-Man with the Spiderverse stories, as great as the resulting movies have been. There's now always going to be fans who chafe at "friendly neighborhood Spider-Man," which historically has been the baseline for the franchise.

Yeah. There are characters who's general nature tends to demand fairly large scope, but Spider-Man isn't one of them (though he's enough on the border he can be used that way occasionally without it being dumb).

Remove ads