• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Immortals Handbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chosen01

First Post
celebrate_553.gif

Last edited:

Chosen01

First Post
Upper_Krust said:
Okay I don't want to get anyones hopes up but I think this is definately the month.
Just make sure you beat the May/June deadline for the Ennies nominations :)

Last edited:

Chosen01

First Post
Upper_Krust said:
I'll get all the design finished tonight, and then I'll start adding all the content, so that when I do get to upload the site there will be enough there to keep you all interested.
Did you incorporate my ideas?

Last edited:

Golem2176

Banned
Banned
Upper_Krust said:
Okay I don't want to get anyones hopes up but I think this is definately the month. Just don't tell anyone.

Cool! :cool:

Upper_Krust said:
I should also have the website finished tonight. But before everyone starts celebrating just yet - I haven't bought the domain name or the webspace yet, there are a few complications in that regard, notably that I don't have either a credit card or the cash at the moment.

I'd be more than happy to help you with the startup cost. It's not much, but I have $20 tucked away, and I think the Immortals Handbook would definetly be a good investment. Just tell me where to send it.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Upper_Krust said:
The site is looking pretty good, nothing too fancy at this stage you understand (its my first site after all). I only have one solitary problem stopping me from finishing the design completely at this stage, hopefully I can get that sorted tonight/early tomorrow.

I'm glad it's not fancy -- I'm a KISS (Keep it Simple ...) advocate in web design. I hope you get your problem ironed out.

Essex

First Post
This is probably premature, given the impending release of this long-awaited supplement (i've been lurking here for years; even posted way back when Noah still ran the place). I'm running a D20 Modern game leaning a bit more to DnD and I've hit upon a question and I'm curious to see how you'd work this, UK.

Okay I'm using beings inspired by the Goa'uld from Stargate SG-1. On the off chance you have no idea WTF I'm taking about, think an ancient race of beings, many of whom have been worshipped as gods for the last 8,000 years or so. In a DnD/D20 setting, wouldn't this mean these few would achieve divine status through sheer numbers of worshippers?

Hi Chosen01 mate! :)

Chosen01 said:
Just make sure you beat the May/June deadline for the Ennies nominations :)

I'll just be happy to finally get it out there to be honest. :eek:

Chosen01 said:
Did you incorporate my ideas?

I took on board all the feedback. I think you'll like the site. ;)

Hi Golem matey! :)

Golem2176 said:
I'd be more than happy to help you with the startup cost. It's not much, but I have $20 tucked away, and I think the Immortals Handbook would definetly be a good investment. Just tell me where to send it.

Don't you be bloody silly mate, you keep your money* - I couldn't honestly ask someone I had never met before, even if I did regard them as a friend. I appreciate the offer though mate.

*for the IH. ;)

I'll sort this out myself, its just going to take a while longer. Don't worry, the website will be done before the end of the month though.

HI CRGreathouse mate! :)

CRGreathouse said:
I'm glad it's not fancy -- I'm a KISS (Keep it Simple ...) advocate in web design.

Indeed, thats my mantra.

CRGreathouse said:
I hope you get your problem ironed out.

Me too, I'm getting some experts to take a look at the code, hopefully that will solve the final peice of the puzzle.

Hi there Essex! :)

Essex said:
This is probably premature, given the impending release of this long-awaited supplement (i've been lurking here for years; even posted way back when Noah still ran the place). I'm running a D20 Modern game leaning a bit more to DnD and I've hit upon a question and I'm curious to see how you'd work this, UK.

Sure, fire away.

For what its worth I have details for running Immortals in variant campaign settings in the Chronicle pdf. So it adds things like immortals in Horror; Modern; Sci-fi; Superhero campaigns etc.

An interesting note is that the Superhero (low physical factor setting) actually parallels d20 Modern much closer than the Modern (high physical factor) rules I will proffer (which are a trifle more deadly shall we say). ;)

Essex said:
Okay I'm using beings inspired by the Goa'uld from Stargate SG-1. In a DnD/D20 setting, wouldn't this mean these few would achieve divine status through sheer numbers of worshippers?

Well as I recall the Goa'uld are 'false gods'; that does not inhibit worship though. However I don't see even the most revered Goa'uld having enough worship to make them Demigods. At best most are probably Hero or Quasi deities.

Essentially it depends on the number of genuine worshippers each Goa'uld has. Its notable that most worlds SG1 ventures to are fairly sparsely populated.

However, when they ruled on earth its entirely possible they were much more powerful - akin to a full pantheon with Ra as a Greater God etc. However, divorced from the main bulk of their worshippers they are probably now much weaker in that regard.

Essex said:
On the off chance you have no idea WTF I'm taking about, think an ancient race of beings, many of whom have been worshipped as gods for the last 8,000 years or so.

Are you mocking me!? :p

My home address is c/o the Cheyenne Mountain Complex. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads