The Kolloseaum: Team Gil's Conscience (DM: Iron Sky, Judge: Luinnar)

CaBaNa

First Post
Watching Lerrick closely, enamored by the human girl, Gil notices the mental onslaught and uses the distraction to conjure a shadow of his former self. The dark swathed assassin stood across the Burrower from Artemis, hard eyes watching for an opening. The phantasmal henchman stabs out toward the Burrower, but doesn't connect with the creature.

Gil loses concentration, and the specter dissipates into a fine mist, but Gil rallies and uses the leftover magical energy to bring about another spell. Using that former darkness within himself, the wizard covers the arena floor in twilight, a hazy darkness that his enemies can get lost in.

The Burrower is surrounded in the darkness, and the blackness itself stabs out at the beast with reckless abandon. The phantasmal henchman forms again, out of the mist, and dives into the beasts mouth; stabbing and distracting from the inside of the great worm.

All this time, Gil has been slowly backing away from the heat of battle, until his back touches the other side of the arena. The scholar jumps and spins, expecting to find another Spawn, but to his relief is met by the wall itself.

[sblock=Actions]

Immediate Interrupt
Trigger: An ally within 10 misses an enemy with an attack. (Lerrick misses Burrower with Bane)
Effect: Gil conjures a Phantasmal Henchman in M19. The Phantasmal Henchman stays TE of Gil's NT. Gil's allies can flank with the Phantasmal Henchman. As a move action, Gil can move the conjuration up to 6 squares. Once, before the end of Gil's NT, Gil can use the Phantasmal Henchman Attack power.

minor Phantasmal Henchman Attack Power
12 vs will Burrower (Miss)

Hit: 17 damage and the target grants combat advantage to all attackers TE of it's NT. Requirement: The power Phantasmal Henchman must be active in order to use this power.

standard Twilight Falls Area burst 2 (enlarged) centered at M22
Each enemy in burst
10 vs will Spawn 2 (Auto-Miss)
10 vs will Spawn 3 (Auto-Miss) is already dead thanks to Martelai...
23 vs will Spawn 4 (HIT, 5 psychic damage)
29 vs will Burrower (CRIT, Dazed (center of burst), 12 psychic damage, 2 psychic damage crit dice)

Effect: The burst creates a zone that lasts TE of Gil's NT. When an enemy attacks a creature within the zone, that creature has partial concealment against that enemy.

Move to B24
[/sblock]

[sblock="Readied" Immediate Actions]

Triggered by Lerrick/dimsdale when bane missed on big worm
Phantasmal Henchman (Immediate Interrupt)
Trigger: An ally within 10 misses an enemy with an attack.
Effect: Gil conjures a Phantasmal Henchman in a square adjacent to the target of the triggering allies attack. The Phantasmal Henchman stays TE of Gil's NT. Gil's allies can flank with the Phantasmal Henchman. As a move action, Gil can move the conjuration up to 6 squares. Once, before the end of Gil's NT, Gil can use the Phantasmal Henchman Attack power.

OR

Moonstride (Immediate Reaction)
Trigger: When an enemy moves adjacent to Gil.
Effect: Gil becomes insubstantial TENT, and shifts 2 squares away from the triggering enemy

[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministat]

Gil Human Hybrid Wizard|Artificer multiclass Assassin theme Scholar
AC 17 Fort 16 Reflex 19 Will 17 (+1 from ranged attack 5 squares away Cloak of Distortion)
HP 36 bloodied 18, Surges 7 Surge value 9
Passive Insight 19, Passive Perception 19, Normal vision
Second Wind: Not Used,
Saving Throws: +5 vs Fear Effects (Battle Hardened)
AP total 1, Speed 6, Initiative +6, Languages Common, Draconic, Elven
At-will powers; Thundering Armor, Winged Horde, Freezing Burst, Ghost Sound, Light, Prestidigitation, Mage Hand
Encounter powers; Twilight Falls, Phantasmal Henchman, Phantasmal Henchman Attack Power, Use Vulnerability, Shadow Step, Moonstride, Healing Infusion: Curative or Resistive, Orb Shift
Daily powers; Caustic Rampart
Action point; Demonskin Tattoo

[/sblock]

OOC: EDIT: Note to all, Burrower is dazed.

Last edited:

Rapida

First Post
Brenwar's armor begins to glow as the super-heated beast surrounds him. He continues battling the beast smashing away its snapping jaws. After smashing away the creature's pincers with his shield he beseeches Palladys to heal Artemis. However, this allows the beast to get inside his defense more quickly than expected. Brenwar barely manages to keep it at bay, ruining his prayer of protection for the group.
[sblock=Combat]
Pre-turn:
DR 3/- from Deliverance of Faith
+5 AC via Blades of Astral Fire (TENT)
43/65hp Start Turn

Start of Turn:
Take 2 Fire Damage (DR 3/-)
Take 2 Fire Damage (DR 3/-)
Loses DR from Deliverance of Faith
Current HP: 39/65 HP
Turn Actions:
Minor Action:
Lay on Hands (Artemis)
--Artemis gains Brenwar's Surge Value (17)+4 (If Artemis' surge is higher you can use it
--Brenwar spends a healing surge
--Brenwar gains 3/- DR for spending a surge till SONT
Standard Action:
Righteous Smite vs. Burrower Spawn 4 (1d20+11=12, 2d10+5=18)
(I really hate IC sometimes....)
Move Action:
Null

End Turn:

HP: 39/65 HP

[/sblock]
[sblock=Mini Stats]
Brenwar – Male Human Paladin 6
http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Brenwar_Holyshield_(Rapida)

Initiative: +2, Speed: 5 Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 21
AC: 25 Fort: 18, Reflex: 18, Will: 20, Resist: 1 3/all
HP: 39/65, Bloodied: 32 , Surge Value: 17, Surges Left: 10/13

Action Points: 0

Feats of Note:
Whenever Brenwar spends a healing surge, he gains 3 resistance to all damage until the start of his next turn.

Whenever Brenwar uses a power that allows an ally to spend a healing surge or regain hit points as if she had spent a healing surge, that ally can use his healing surge value (17 HP) to determine the number of hit points gained.

OA Basic Melee Attack: +11 Virtuous Strike (Vanguard's Hammer) 1d10+5 Damage

Powers At-Will Powers:Divine Challenge, Ardent Strike, Virtuous Strike, Lay on Hands (2/3 Remaining)
Encounter Powers: Valorous Smite, Righteous Smite, Virtue, Channel Divinity, Deliverance of Faith, Heroic Effort, Censure the Unholy, Divine Reverence, Second Wind
Daily Powers: Majestic Halo, Hallowed Circle, Magic Item Daily
[/sblock]

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
Over the din of battle Brenwar yells to his allies, "Get a bit nearer and I shall request the protection of Palladys for the group."
[sblock=ooc]
If everyone can get within 5 squares of Brenwar this turn I'll try to give some temporary hitpoints. Also, I can heal Artemis ( @FourMonos ) with a Lay on Hands so don't start your turn and go unconscious on me.
People who would need to be closer: @MetaVoid @Somebody (You just need to wake up, not move :p) @CaBaNa
It is only 8 temporary hit points pending me connecting with my attack so prioritize it as you will.

@Iron Sky is the fire damage aura 2 auras that do 5 each or 1 super aura that does 10? My DR would love to know.
EDIT: I screwed up a couple of notifications and can't fix them. oh, well.
[/sblock]

Palladys? You're from the Imperium as well? asks Gil, ever curious, even during battle.

[MENTION=60965]Iron Sky[/MENTION], [MENTION=30079]Rapida[/MENTION], I would like to point out that AC bonus is Cyr's end of turn so for the beasts turn he and Artemis still have it.

Rapida

First Post
While still being battered by the super-heated beast, "Indeed, but perhaps", he stops as the monster lunges in again, "we could converse about this later?"

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
GM: @MetaVoid , does Artemis get the +5 AC bonus even if you slide Ootah instead? I'm confused as well. I assumed the +5 was TENT.

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
Why does everyone always say that to me? Gil asks himself, safely away from the heat of battle and feeling confident in his team. I'll hold you to that! shouts the scholar toward Brenwar. Artemis! While it is distracted!

Darksteed

First Post
Sliding:
Spawn 1 - 1 square to the left and down (if I can slide the beast I don't see) example: M28 -> N27

Spawn 2 - M26 -> N25
Spawn 4 - P25 ->N24

OOC: Have the Burrower Spawn actually been slid to these squares now currently? Or is this just tactics for later on? Cause Brenwar was attacking BS 4 as if it was still in P25 and not N24. I just want to be clear on all this before I move and possibly attack nothing in an empty square cause of confusion.

Remove ads