The Kolloseaum: Team Go Hard or Go Home (DM: Iron Sky, Judge: Luinnar)

Son of Meepo

First Post
Dina moves back to where the ghost is just at the edge of her vision. She begins to relate the tale of the Jade King and how the defiance of the gods led to the curse upon the tomb...

But suddenly she realized that thousands of years of memories locked within a new existence sometimes tangled themselves. She was actually relating the tale of the Opal Sorceress, and stopped short when she'd realized her error.

She quickly put her error behind her. Despite her consternation at failing to remember, she tossed the javelin at the ghost, striking it. Still, the ghost reformed just where it had been a moment ago.

[sblock=Actions]Move: V4
Minor: Appease Crowd Religion (1d20+12=13) (FAIL)
Standard: Magic Weapon Magic Weapon (1d20+8-2-2=20) (HIT)
Spectral Resistance (1d20=15)[/sblock]

[sblock=Dina]Status:

Dina - Level 1 Artificer|Warlord
Init: +2 Speed: 6
Passive Perception: 13; Passive Insight: 13
AC: 17 Fort 11 Ref 15 Will 15
HP: 24/24 Surges: 6/7 Surge Value: 6 AP: 0
Languages: Allarian, Draconic, Eladrin
Str:10 Dex:10 Wis:17 Con:12 Int:20 Cha:8

Powers:
Commander's Strike
Magic Weapon

Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes []
Healing Infusion []
Inspiring Word []
Use Vulnerability []
Provocative Order []
Second Wind[]

Punishing Eye[][/sblock]

OOC: Dina tried to appease the crowd with Religion but failed. (Heathens!)
Dina hit with Magic Weapon, but the ghost made its saving throw.
Sha'kar and Ignatz gain +1 to hit and +3 to damage until the end of Dina's next turn.

VanderLegion

First Post
Sha'kar points his staff Rilissa and mutters an incantaion under his breath. Magical runes flare up on her armor, glowing with the same deep purple light produced when he enchants weapons. One of the runes flares up brighter than the others and a flash of purple lightning shoots out, missing the ghost and slamming into the wall to no effect.
[sblock="Actions"]Standard: Thundering Armor - Rilissa gets +1 AC TENT, +2 vs Fort attack vs Ghost[/sblock][sblock="Stats"]Sha'kar Menoth Male Genasi Artificer
Initiative: +0, Passive perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Normal

Defenses:
AC: 16, Fort: 15, Reflex: 14, Will: 14
Resist 5 Psychic

Vitality
HP: 30/30, Bloodied: 15, Surge Value: 7, Surges Left: 7/10
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: unused

Languages:
Allarian, Tsugo

Basic Attacks:
Melee Basic Attack: +2 vs AC - Quarterstaff 1d8
Ranged Basic Attack: +2 vs AC - Repeating Crossbow 1d8

Powers:
At-Will: Magic Weapon, Thundering Armor
Encounter: Burning Weapons, Healing Infusion: Curative Admixture, Healing Infusion: Resistive Formula, Void Assumption
Daily: Icebound Sigil
Item:Alchemist's Fire (1/1)

Weapons:
Quarterstaff - 1d8
Repeating Crossbow - 1d8
Current magazine: 6 bolts
Full Magazines Remaining: 14

Conditions:

Crossbow Caster - Use Crossbow as implement for implement attacks
Voidsoul - Resist 5 Psychic damage
Arcane Empowerment - Empower magic item once per day + once per milestone (Augment Energy or Impart Energy)
Augment Energy - A weapon gains a +2 bonus as a free action once. A weapon can't be infused twice (lasts until next extended rest or until used)
Impart Energy - Recharge a daily magic item. An item can't be recharged twice in a day.
Arcane Rejuvenation - When an ally uses a daily magic item they gain 4 temporary hit points.[/sblock]

WEContact

First Post
Ignatz hears the enemy behind him. He whirls with a wolf-like snarl, channeling primal power in the bestial tradition of his tribe. He springs at the ghost, bumping Rilissa rudely in his eagerness to reach and destroy his foe. Like his allies, he succeeds in striking the spectre down, only for it to become more powerful than he could possibly imagine. Ignatz roars in frustration.

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Body of the Wolf
Charge: ->V8, Howling Strike vs Casper AC 19[/sblock]
[sblock=Statblock]Ignatz Jägerkin - Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1
Status: Initiative: +3, Passive perception: 18(19), Passive Insight: 11
AC:17 Fort:16 Ref:14 Will:11
HP: 30/30 Bloodied: 15 Surge value: 7 Surges/day: 10
Speed: 6 squares, AP: 0, Second Wind: unused, Temporary HP: 0
Melee Basic Attack: +6 vs AC, 2d6+4 brutal 1
Powers: Body of the Wolf, Howling Strike, Pressing Strike
Furious Assault, Swift Charge, Desperate Fury
Thunder Hooves Rage[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Match Two: The Jade Tomb, Round 2

The ghost, still shimmering from the party's attacks on it, slams into Rilissa again. Rilissa's legs feel weak again after the strike.

She does, however, see into the next room. Inside it are several barrels scattered around the outside of the room and another body lying in their midst. A incense burner smolders at the back of the room.

Beyond Rilissa, the passageway keeps on going a ways and seems to bend to the north.

GM: Moved Dina to U4 since V4 is a wall. Relissa's save vs slowed: 1d20=19, saved.

Notice in the Combatants section that yellow effects are save ends.

[sblock=Enemy Actions]Jade Ghost: Spectral Touch: 23 vs Rilissa's 14 Fort, hit, 5 force damage and slowed(save ends).[/sblock]

[sblock=Combatants]-Party-
Corragan: T5, 28/28hp
Sha'kar: U6, 30/30hp
Rilissa: U8, 17/27hp, slowed
Ignatz: U3, 30/30hp
Dina: S5, 24/24hp

-Enemy-
Jade Ghost: U9, Aegis(Rilissa)
Jade Ghost(Undead): Minion. AC 19, Fort 16, Ref 18, Will 18. MBA: +8 vs Fort, 5 force damage and slowed(save ends). If the target is slowed already, the attack does +2 damage and the target is immobilized(save ends) instead of slowed. Spectral Resistance(Free, when reduced to 0 hp): The Jade Ghost makes a saving throw. On a success, the Jade Ghost gains 1 hp.

Effect Key: location, hp/max hp, damage related, TenT or TsnT, conditional, save ends, encounter[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain]Stairs: The stairs take a move action to ascend (enter the map) or descend (leave the map).

Walls: The walls are fairly rough, DC 18 to climb. The arena is 2 squares tall with a forcefield shimmering over the top to keep the gladiators (read: you) in the arena.

Hallways: Hallways contain a mist that is light obscurement; anything 2 or more squares away is concealed, anything beyond has total concealment (can't be seen).[/sblock]

[sblock=Special Rules][sblock=Appease the Crowd]
*As a minor action, a PC may make a skill check to wow the crowd. If they succeed at the check, they gain +2 to their next d20 roll if they beat the DC, plus +2 per 5 by which they beat the DC. If the check is failed, the PC takes a -2 penalty to their next d20 roll, -2 more per 5 by which they miss the DC.

I.E, if the DC is 15, 1-5 would be -6, 6-10 would be -4, 11-14 would be -2, 15-19 would be +2, etc.

*All skill DCs will start at 15 and each individual skill's DC goes up by 2 per time the skill is used as the crowd gets more jaded. The DCs go up at the end of the round in which they are used. The DCs do not drop between arena rounds.

*Any skill can be used, as long as the player can provide relevant character action to back up the roll.

Current Skill DCs:
Athletics: 17
Heal: 17
History: 17
Perception: 17
Religion: 17
Others: 15[/sblock]

[sblock=The Jade Tomb]Treasures: To win, the group must find, collect, and escape with the three treasures.[/sblock][/sblock]

Attachments

• Jade Tomb Round 2.jpg
    Jade Tomb Round 2.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
Dina moves up behind Ignatz and looks for a moment when the there is an opening for him to strike. Unfortunately his timing is a fraction of a second off.

[sblock=actions]Move: U7
Standard: Commander's Strike (1d20+6+2+1=18)[/sblock]

[sblock=Dina]Status:

Dina - Level 1 Artificer|Warlord
Init: +2 Speed: 6
Passive Perception: 13; Passive Insight: 13
AC: 17 Fort 11 Ref 15 Will 15
HP: 24/24 Surges: 6/7 Surge Value: 6 AP: 0
Languages: Allarian, Draconic, Eladrin
Str:10 Dex:10 Wis:17 Con:12 Int:20 Cha:8

Powers:
Commander's Strike
Magic Weapon

Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes []
Healing Infusion []
Inspiring Word []
Use Vulnerability []
Provocative Order []
Second Wind[]

Punishing Eye[][/sblock]

Faraque

First Post
OOC: Two things: I rolled my saving throw on my turn. I failed it. According to normal rules, I'd be making my saves at the end of my turn. If, instead you want to roll them, that's kosher.
The second thing is, I'm currently insubstantial (half damage) so I only took 2 points from the ghosts attack.

I'll post my turn in a moment

Faraque

First Post
Rilissa returns to a fully substantial state. Reaching down into her core for strength, she pushes through the pain of her wounds and the numbness in her legs to continue fighting, showing incredible stamina, never relenting in her attacks and showing the training that made her the fighter she is. Unfortunately, her swing is wide, and fails to connect with the ghost. Seeing her attacks are less than effective, Rilissa makes a guarded move into the room she is near.

The feeling returns to her legs, bringing with it the pain of pins and needles.

[sblock="Actions"]Minor - Appease the Crowd (Endurance DC: 15)
Standard - Greenflame Blade vs Jade Ghost (+7 vs AC: 19, 1d8+4 fire damage)
Move - Shift 1 to T10
End of my Turn: Save vs Slow

OOC: Gah, rolled them out of order. Got +4 to hit with Greenflame Blade via Appease the Crowd, but still missed. Hurray for wasted bonuses... *cry*
[/sblock]

[sblock="Stat Block"]Rilissa Shandalar - Female Shadar-kai Assault Swordmage 1
Initiative: +1 Passive Perception: 9 Passive Insight: 9
AC: 19 Fort: 14 Ref: 14 Will: 14
HP: 20/27 Bloodied: 13 Surge Value: 6 Surges left: 7/9
Speed: 6 Languages: Allarian, Imperia
AP: 0 Second Wind: Unused

Powers: (Underlined is used)
Aegis of Assault, Lightning Lure, Greenflame Blade
Shadow Jaunt, Flame Cyclone
Frost Backlash[/sblock]

Last edited:

VanderLegion

First Post
Sha'kar drops his staff so he can ready his crossbow. He takes aim and looses a bolt at the ghost, but the shot goes wide, again almost hitting Rilissa.

"Sorry Rilissa, I swear I'm not actually trying to shoot you..."Sha'kar calls out to his ally.[sblock="actions"]Free: Drop staff
Minor: Draw Crossbow
Standard: Magic Weapon vs. Ghost AC[/sblock][sblock="Stats"]Sha'kar Menoth Male Genasi Artificer
Initiative: +0, Passive perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Normal

Defenses:
AC: 16, Fort: 15, Reflex: 14, Will: 14
Resist 5 Psychic

Vitality
HP: 30/30, Bloodied: 15, Surge Value: 7, Surges Left: 7/10
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: unused

Languages:
Allarian, Tsugo

Basic Attacks:
Melee Basic Attack: +2 vs AC - Quarterstaff 1d8
Ranged Basic Attack: +2 vs AC - Repeating Crossbow 1d8

Powers:
At-Will: Magic Weapon, Thundering Armor
Encounter: Burning Weapons, Healing Infusion: Curative Admixture, Healing Infusion: Resistive Formula, Void Assumption
Daily: Icebound Sigil
Item:Alchemist's Fire (1/1)

Weapons:
Quarterstaff - 1d8
Repeating Crossbow - 1d8
Current magazine: 5 bolts
Full Magazines Remaining: 14

Conditions:

Crossbow Caster - Use Crossbow as implement for implement attacks
Voidsoul - Resist 5 Psychic damage
Arcane Empowerment - Empower magic item once per day + once per milestone (Augment Energy or Impart Energy)
Augment Energy - A weapon gains a +2 bonus as a free action once. A weapon can't be infused twice (lasts until next extended rest or until used)
Impart Energy - Recharge a daily magic item. An item can't be recharged twice in a day.
Arcane Rejuvenation - When an ally uses a daily magic item they gain 4 temporary hit points.[/sblock]

Medina

Explorer
As the Fire Hawk starts to flicker out of existence, Corragan renews his concentration on the creature, calling it to strike at the ghost once more

[sblock=Actions]Standard Action: Fire Hawk. No other actions this turn[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]Corragan - Elf Druid (Unaligned) Level 1
Initiative +3

Passive Insight 15; Passive Perception 22; Senses Low-Light

HP 28 Bloodied 14 Surge Value 7; Surges Per-Day 7
AC 16 Fortitude 11 Reflex 14 Will 16

Speed 8; Size Medium
Str 13 (+1), Dex 16 (+3), Wis 20 (+5)
Con 11 (+0), Int 10 (+2), Cha 8 (-1)

AP: 1, Second Wind: Unused

Powers:
Wild Shape, Savage Rend, Fire Hawk, Grasping Tide
Thorn Spray, Elven Accuracy
Summon Giant Toad

HP Remaining 28/28
Healing surges remaining 5/7
[/sblock]

OOC: Oops, I forgot the -2 for concealment. I missed by even more.

Last edited:

VanderLegion

First Post
OOC: I think the EN World Dice Roller has decreed that we all die now to this single minion doing 5 damage at a time. It will be a slow, painful death.

Also, I forgot to take the -2 penalty on my attack roll, not that it mattered since I missed anyway...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases