The Kolloseaum: Team Go Hard or Go Home (DM: Iron Sky, Judge: Luinnar)

WEContact

First Post
OOC: Unless you're trying to let me use Swift Charge, you shouldn't use a standard to let Ignatz attack a minion when your own attack is more accurate. Ignatz is not very accurate- he hits hard, but that doesn't matter with minions.

Ignatz shrinks back from the oddly persistent ghost, frowning. He jostles past his erstwhile companions, muttering "vun moment... make vay..." His polymorph seems to have reversed itself at some point. Suddenly he takes off like a sprinter, through the group again to put momentum behind his blow. This time, his violence sticks, and the ghost doesn't fade back into being. Ignatz grins.

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Body of the Wolf, Shift->U7
Move: ->U3
Standard: Charge->U8, Howling Strike HIT Casper AC 26, Spectral Resistance fails, Ignatz gains 2 temp hp via Rageblood Vigor[/sblock]
[sblock=Statblock]Ignatz Jägerkin - Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1
Status: Initiative: +3, Passive perception: 18(19), Passive Insight: 11
AC:17 Fort:16 Ref:14 Will:11
HP: 30/30 Bloodied: 15 Surge value: 7 Surges/day: 10
Speed: 6 squares, AP: 0, Second Wind: unused, Temporary HP: 2
Melee Basic Attack: +6 vs AC, 2d6+4 brutal 1
Powers: Body of the Wolf, Howling Strike, Pressing Strike
Furious Assault, Swift Charge, Desperate Fury
Thunder Hooves Rage[/sblock]

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Match Two: The Jade Tomb, Round 3

Ignatz finally manages to land a blow that disperses the ghost, its shriek fading as it looses what fragile physicality it has and swirls into the wall.

Rilissa steps into the room and, a minute later, the incense burner at the far side flares up, swirling fumes suddenly filling the room.

GM: @Faraque , I missed that your rolled your save, my bad.

@WEContact , couldn't shift to U7 since Dina was there. You hit anyway, so it doesn't matter, but just FYI.

The incense burner is a trap. With any traps, I'll leave it up to you guys' ingenuity to figure them out.

[sblock=Enemy Actions]Incense Burner Trap: Nat1 vs Rilissa.[/sblock]

[sblock=Combatants]-Party-
Corragan: T5, 28/28hp
Sha'kar: U6, 30/30hp
Rilissa: U8, 17/27hp
Ignatz: U3, 30/30hp
Dina: S5, 24/24hp

-Enemy-
Incense Burner: Anyone who enters the room or starts their turn in it takes an attack: +3 vs Fort, 1d6+4 poison damage and 5 ongoing poison damage and weakened(save ends both).

Jade Ghost: Dispersed
Jade Ghost(Undead): Minion. AC 19, Fort 16, Ref 18, Will 18. MBA: +8 vs Fort, 5 force damage and slowed(save ends). If the target is slowed already, the attack does +2 damage and the target is immobilized(save ends) instead of slowed. Spectral Resistance(Free, when reduced to 0 hp): The Jade Ghost makes a saving throw. On a success, the Jade Ghost gains 1 hp.

Effect Key: location, hp/max hp, damage related, TenT or TsnT, conditional, save ends, encounter[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain]Stairs: The stairs take a move action to ascend (enter the map) or descend (leave the map).

Walls: The walls are fairly rough, DC 18 to climb. The arena is 2 squares tall with a forcefield shimmering over the top to keep the gladiators (read: you) in the arena.

Hallways: Hallways contain a mist that is light obscurement; anything 2 or more squares away is concealed, anything beyond has total concealment (can't be seen).[/sblock]

[sblock=Special Rules][sblock=Appease the Crowd]
*As a minor action, a PC may make a skill check to wow the crowd. If they succeed at the check, they gain +2 to their next d20 roll if they beat the DC, plus +2 per 5 by which they beat the DC. If the check is failed, the PC takes a -2 penalty to their next d20 roll, -2 more per 5 by which they miss the DC.

I.E, if the DC is 15, 1-5 would be -6, 6-10 would be -4, 11-14 would be -2, 15-19 would be +2, etc.

*All skill DCs will start at 15 and each individual skill's DC goes up by 2 per time the skill is used as the crowd gets more jaded. The DCs go up at the end of the round in which they are used. The DCs do not drop between arena rounds.

*Any skill can be used, as long as the player can provide relevant character action to back up the roll.

Current Skill DCs:
Athletics: 17
Endurance: 17
Heal: 17
History: 17
Perception: 17
Religion: 17
Others: 15[/sblock]

[sblock=The Jade Tomb]Treasures: To win, the group must find, collect, and escape with the three treasures.[/sblock][/sblock]

Attachments

• Jade Tomb Round 3.jpg
    Jade Tomb Round 3.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 71

WEContact

First Post
OOC: I'm working a double tomorrow, so I won't be able to post again til 10 or 11 pm CDT.

Ignatz peers into the room from outside, fascinated by the mechanism that has poisoned Rilissa. His whole attention is not devoted to this problem- most of him is keyed up, waiting and watching for any other hostiles. He's ready to spring at a moment's notice, though he's also perfectly willing to risk a poisoning to deal with this trap if he sees a way to do so.

[sblock=Actions]Move: ->U11
Minor: Perception check re:trap
Standard: Ready Charge vs any enemy that appears[/sblock]
[sblock=Statblock]Ignatz Jägerkin - Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1
Status: Initiative: +3, Passive perception: 18(19), Passive Insight: 11
AC:17 Fort:16 Ref:14 Will:11
HP: 30/30 Bloodied: 15 Surge value: 7 Surges/day: 10
Speed: 6 squares, AP: 0, Second Wind: unused, Temporary HP: 2
Melee Basic Attack: +6 vs AC, 2d6+4 brutal 1
Powers: Body of the Wolf, Howling Strike, Pressing Strike
Furious Assault, Swift Charge, Desperate Fury
Thunder Hooves Rage[/sblock]

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
Dina moves behind Rilissa and peers at the incense burner. Curious as to whether it is nothing more than what it appears or if the trap has something more sinister and magical to it.

[sblock=Actions]Move: U10
Standard: Detect Magic Arcana (1d20+12=29)[/sblock]

[sblock=Dina]Status:

Dina - Level 1 Artificer|Warlord
Init: +2 Speed: 6
Passive Perception: 13; Passive Insight: 13
AC: 17 Fort 11 Ref 15 Will 15
HP: 24/24 Surges: 6/7 Surge Value: 6 AP: 0
Languages: Allarian, Draconic, Eladrin
Str:10 Dex:10 Wis:17 Con:12 Int:20 Cha:8

Powers:
Commander's Strike
Magic Weapon

Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes []
Healing Infusion []
Inspiring Word []
Use Vulnerability []
Provocative Order []
Second Wind[]

Punishing Eye[][/sblock]

Medina

Explorer
Seeing Rilissa cough and splutter as she enters the room, he calls out "Cover your mouth and nose, it might help filter out the gas".

Following his own advice, he pulls his cloak around his mouth and heads to the doorway (U11), peering in to see if there is anything of value or interest in the room, other than the incense burner.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Mid-round update

Ignatz glances in the room and definitely identifies the incense burner at the back of the room as the source of the smoke. There's also a closed barrel and a crate that might contain something...

Dina glances in the room and sees that a magic ward at the doorway is what triggered the trap. The smoke itself is mundane - if deadly.

Corragan sees little more than Ignatz...

[sblock=Incense Burner Room]Objects: There's one barrel and one crate in the room that haven't already been opened by the corpse. If you guys want to search the barrel and crate, you'll have to be somewhere in the room (doesn't matter where). It's a minor action to open the container, then a minor action DC 15 Perception check to search it thoroughly.

Warding the Smoke: As a minor action DC10 Heal check you can ward yourself or help ward an adjacent character against the smoke. If you beat the DC, the character gains +1 to their Fort defense against the burner, +1 per 5 over the DC.[/sblock]

GM: FYI, I usually give information you guys have discovered as individuals in the open rather than sblocks to speed up play, just assuming you share what you find. You can share it IC when you post next if you want.

[MENTION=6682244]Medina[/MENTION], Ignatz is already in U11, so we'll say you went to U10 instead. If you're ok with braving the incense,

Medina

Explorer
@Medina , Ignatz is already in U11, so we'll say you went to U10 instead. If you're ok with braving the incense, [/GM]

OOC: Fine by me. I guess I've used a move and standard action (move to U10 and perception), so I'll use a minor to cover my face with my cloak and make a heal check.

Gives me +2 to my Fort, making my Fort vs. the Incense 13 this round if it reaches to U10

Faraque

First Post
After inhaling the smoke and hearing her companions mention the fact that it's poison, Rilissa holds her breath, trying not to take in any more of the smoke.

OOC: Can hold breath for 3 minutes before Endurance check, should be fine for 12 seconds.

Seeing the crates nearby, she moves to open them both so her more perceptive friends can search them.

[sblock="Actions"]
Standard - sub for minor, open crate adjacent to me.
Move - move to S9.
Minor - open crate adjacent to me.
[/sblock]

[sblock="Stat Block"]Rilissa Shandalar - Female Shadar-kai Assault Swordmage 1
Initiative: +1 Passive Perception: 9 Passive Insight: 9
AC: 19 Fort: 14 Ref: 14 Will: 14
HP: 20/27 Bloodied: 13 Surge Value: 6 Surges left: 7/9
Speed: 6 Languages: Allarian, Imperia
AP: 0 Second Wind: Unused

Powers: (Underlined is used)
Aegis of Assault, Lightning Lure, Greenflame Blade
Shadow Jaunt, Flame Cyclone
Frost Backlash[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
GM: Just waiting for @VanderLegion .

Note: searching the barrels/crates requires that you be in the room to root around inside them.

Also, skill checks are usually minor actions in games I run unless I state otherwise or its an explicit skill use in the rules that takes a different sort of action.

Last edited:

Remove ads