The Kolloseaum: Team Go Hard or Go Home (DM: Iron Sky, Judge: Luinnar)

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Match Two: The Jade Tomb, Round 6

The nigh-invulnerable ghost rebuffs all the group's attempts to disperse it again, but it claws at Rilissa futilely in return.

As Ignatz moves onward, he sees the hallway continues onward...

The good news: Ignatz heads into a room with two massive stone coffins that are slightly cracked open and spots a gleaming treasure chest on the far side of the room. The bad news: the coffins flare and one of them sucks him inside where dark necrotic energies begin to eat at him. His only hope is somehow countering the dark spell that pulled him in or lifting the immense coffin lid enough that he can squeeze out...

GM: I'll go with Ignatz' delay. Spectral Resiliance: 11, saved. This thing is turning out to be way tougher than I expected!

@Faraque , what WEContact said. You do get a save vs slowed at the end of your turn: 1d20=13, saved.

[MENTION=78756]Son of Meepo[/MENTION], you can also do Wards on other characters (using whoever's result was best, not stacking them) if you want to help those who are going into the rooms.

[sblock=Enemy Actions]Jade Ghost: 10 vs Rilissa's 14 Fort, miss.

Crypt Trap(When Ignatz enters the room): 20 vs Will, hit, Ignatz is teleported inside the north tomb. While in the tomb he takes 5 necrotic damage at the start of each turn - Arcana or Religion DC18 as minor action - once per round each - or Athletics 18 as move action to escape.[/sblock]

[sblock=Combatants]-Party-
Corragan: U11, 19/28hp, Incense Ward +2, Incense Fumes
Sha'kar: U10, 25/30hp, Incense Ward +1
Rilissa: U13, 25/27hp
Ignatz: U15, 30/30hp, Entombed
Dina: U12, 24/24hp

-Enemy-
Jade Ghost: U14, Aegis(Rilissa)
Jade Ghost(Undead): Minion. AC 19, Fort 16, Ref 18, Will 18. MBA: +8 vs Fort, 5 force damage and slowed(save ends). If the target is slowed already, the attack does +2 damage and the target is immobilized(save ends) instead of slowed. Spectral Resistance(Free, when reduced to 0 hp): The Jade Ghost makes a saving throw. On a success, the Jade Ghost gains 1 hp.

Effect Key: location, hp/max hp, damage related, TenT or TsnT, conditional, save ends, encounter[/sblock]

[sblock=Traps][sblock=Disarming the Traps]If you want to try to disable a trap, feel free to be creative and/or ask questions as I'm not posting specific solutions. It's not required to disable the traps, but it should be possible for each of them.[/sblock]

[sblock=Incense Burner Trap]Anyone who enters the room or starts their turn in it takes an attack: +3 vs Fort, 1d6+4 poison damage and 5 ongoing poison damage and weakened(save ends both). Characters can ward themselves against the trap with Heal or Endurance.[/sblock]

[sblock=Crypt Trap]Anyone who enters the room or starts their turn in it takes an attack: +3 vs Will, teleport into whichever coffin has less people in it (north if both have same). At the start of each turn inside the coffin, characters take 5 necrotic damage. Characters can ward themselves against the trap with Arcana or Religion.

Arcana or Religion DC18 as minor action - once per round each - or Athletics 18 as move action allow the character to escape. Characters on the outside can make make aid another skill checks as a minor action(DC10 since you are first level) to help people inside whichever tomb you are adjacent to and people in the same tomb can aid each other.

Arcana aids effect Arcana checks, Religion aids Religion checks, Athletics aids effect Athletics checks of everyone inside.[/sblock]

[sblock=Trap Warding]As a minor action, make a DC10 check with the skills listed in the trap to ward yourself or help ward an adjacent character against the trap until the end of your next turn. If you beat the DC, the target gains +1 to their Fort defense against the burner, +1 per 5 over the DC.[/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=Incense Burner Room]Objects: There's one barrel that is open and ready to be searched. It's a minor action DC 15 Perception check to search it thoroughly.[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain]Stairs: The stairs take a move action to ascend (enter the map) or descend (leave the map).

Walls: The walls are fairly rough, DC 18 to climb. The arena is 2 squares tall with a forcefield shimmering over the top to keep the gladiators (read: you) in the arena.

Hallways: Hallways contain a mist that is light obscurement; anything 2 or more squares away is concealed, anything beyond has total concealment (can't be seen).[/sblock]

[sblock=Special Rules][sblock=Appease the Crowd]
*As a minor action, a PC may make a skill check to wow the crowd. If they succeed at the check, they gain +2 to their next d20 roll if they beat the DC, plus +2 per 5 by which they beat the DC. If the check is failed, the PC takes a -2 penalty to their next d20 roll, -2 more per 5 by which they miss the DC.

I.E, if the DC is 15, 1-5 would be -6, 6-10 would be -4, 11-14 would be -2, 15-19 would be +2, etc.

*All skill DCs will start at 15 and each individual skill's DC goes up by 2 per time the skill is used as the crowd gets more jaded. The DCs go up at the end of the round in which they are used. The DCs do not drop between arena rounds.

*Any skill can be used, as long as the player can provide relevant character action to back up the roll.

Current Skill DCs:
Athletics: 17
Endurance: 17
Heal: 17
History: 17
Perception: 17
Religion: 17
Others: 15[/sblock]

[sblock=The Jade Tomb]Treasures: To win, the group must find, collect, and escape with the three treasures.[/sblock][/sblock]

Attachments

• Jade Tomb Round 6.jpg
    Jade Tomb Round 6.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

WEContact

First Post
OOC: I'll get my post for this round in tomorrow afternoon when I get off work. If you're allowing me to delay my last turn, [MENTION=60965]Iron Sky[/MENTION], then Rilissa hit and you could as well roll Spectral Resistance to see if it lived.

Oh, and as soon as I bust out of this coffin I'm getting out of that room. You people with higher Will get in there, I'll go brave the incense with my 16 Fort and +7 Perception and dig through that last crate.

VanderLegion

First Post
Sha'kar empowers Rilissa's armor again, sending another bolt of purple lightning at the ghost, missing for a second time. He then wards himself against the smoke again in order to help search the last barrel if needed.

[sblock="actions"]Standard: Thundering armor, Rilissa gets +1 AC, 1d20+4 vs ghost fort - Miss
Minor: Ward the smoke on self[/sblock][sblock="Stats"]Sha'kar Menoth Male Genasi Artificer
Initiative: +0, Passive perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Normal

Defenses:
AC: 16, Fort: 15, Reflex: 14, Will: 14
Resist 5 Psychic

Vitality
HP: 30/30, Bloodied: 15, Surge Value: 7, Surges Left: 7/10
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: unused

Languages:
Allarian, Tsugo

Basic Attacks:
Melee Basic Attack: +2 vs AC - Quarterstaff 1d8
Ranged Basic Attack: +2 vs AC - Repeating Crossbow 1d8

Powers:
At-Will: Magic Weapon, Thundering Armor
Encounter: Burning Weapons, Healing Infusion: Curative Admixture, Healing Infusion: Resistive Formula, Void Assumption
Daily: Icebound Sigil
Item:Alchemist's Fire (1/1)

Weapons:
Quarterstaff - 1d8
Repeating Crossbow - 1d8
Current magazine: 5 bolts
Full Magazines Remaining: 14

Conditions: Ward the smoke: +1 fort vs incense trap

Crossbow Caster - Use Crossbow as implement for implement attacks
Voidsoul - Resist 5 Psychic damage
Arcane Empowerment - Empower magic item once per day + once per milestone (Augment Energy or Impart Energy)
Augment Energy - A weapon gains a +2 bonus as a free action once. A weapon can't be infused twice (lasts until next extended rest or until used)
Impart Energy - Recharge a daily magic item. An item can't be recharged twice in a day.
Arcane Rejuvenation - When an ally uses a daily magic item they gain 4 temporary hit points.[/sblock]
OOC: Sorry bout the late turn, busy day...

Last edited:

Medina

Explorer
OOC: Oh, and as soon as I bust out of this coffin I'm getting out of that room. You people with higher Will get in there, I'll go brave the incense with my 16 Fort and +7 Perception and dig through that last crate.

OOC: No need, Corragan is in there already.

Medina

Explorer
Corragan splutters against the poison of the incense burner, glad for the cloth wrapped around his face and quickly searches the open barrel. Stepping out of the room, he sees that the ghost yet lives, and summons the winds to try andbuffet and disperse the ghost once more, but again it quickly reforms.

[sblock=Actions]Minor Action: Perception to search the open barrel
Move Action: Move to U11
Standard Action: Grasping Tide centred at U15[/sblock]

Last edited:

Faraque

First Post
"Damned ghost!" cries Rilissa, "Get thee gone from my sight and bother me no more!"

The mist has seemingly affected her ability to fight and once again, she misses with a wide swing at the ghost.

[sblock="Actions"]
Standard - Greenflame Blade (+7 vs. AC 19)
[/sblock]

[sblock="Stat Block"]Rilissa Shandalar - Female Shadar-kai Assault Swordmage 1
Initiative: +1 Passive Perception: 9 Passive Insight: 9
AC: 19 Fort: 14 Ref: 14 Will: 14
HP: 25/27 Bloodied: 13 Surge Value: 6 Surges left: 6/9
Speed: 6 Languages: Allarian, Imperia
AP: 0 Second Wind: Used

Powers: (Underlined is used)
Aegis of Assault, Lightning Lure, Greenflame Blade
Shadow Jaunt, Flame Cyclone
Frost Backlash[/sblock]

OOC: Whoops, forgot to label that roll. That was supposed to be my attack roll against the ghost. I whiffed.

Son of Meepo

First Post
Dina is still no use at killing the ghost.

[sblock=Actions]Standard: Magic Weapon (1d20+8-2=13)[/sblock]

OOC: Unfortunately with the ghost in the way, there is nothing I can do to get into the tomb room right now. But I suggest allowing Dina to be the one to deal with searching that room even though it might take her a while to find stuff with her +3 perception.

Dina has a good Will defense (15) and great Arcana and Religion skills (both +12). But she also has resist 5 necrotic as a deva, which means the trap won't be able to damage her.

VanderLegion

First Post
OOC: Unfortunately with the ghost in the way, there is nothing I can do to get into the tomb room right now. But I suggest allowing Dina to be the one to deal with searching that room even though it might take her a while to find stuff with her +3 perception.

Dina has a good Will defense (15) and great Arcana and Religion skills (both +12). But she also has resist 5 necrotic as a deva, which means the trap won't be able to damage her.

OOC: Sounds good to me

Sha'kar sends another bolt of lightning out of Rilissa's Armor at the ghost, hitting it and finally dispersing it. He then does his best to ward Dina against the crypt traps.
[sblock="Actions"]Standard: Thundering Armor vs. Ghost. Ghost gone, Rilissa gets +1 AC (for all that it matters atm...)
Minor: Ward Dina against crypt trap[/sblock][sblock="Stats"]Sha'kar Menoth Male Genasi Artificer
Initiative: +0, Passive perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Normal

Defenses:
AC: 16, Fort: 15, Reflex: 14, Will: 14
Resist 5 Psychic

Vitality
HP: 30/30, Bloodied: 15, Surge Value: 7, Surges Left: 7/10
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: unused

Languages:
Allarian, Tsugo

Basic Attacks:
Melee Basic Attack: +2 vs AC - Quarterstaff 1d8
Ranged Basic Attack: +2 vs AC - Repeating Crossbow 1d8

Powers:
At-Will: Magic Weapon, Thundering Armor
Encounter: Burning Weapons, Healing Infusion: Curative Admixture, Healing Infusion: Resistive Formula, Void Assumption
Daily: Icebound Sigil
Item:Alchemist's Fire (1/1)

Weapons:
Quarterstaff - 1d8
Repeating Crossbow - 1d8
Current magazine: 5 bolts
Full Magazines Remaining: 14

Conditions:

Crossbow Caster - Use Crossbow as implement for implement attacks
Voidsoul - Resist 5 Psychic damage
Arcane Empowerment - Empower magic item once per day + once per milestone (Augment Energy or Impart Energy)
Augment Energy - A weapon gains a +2 bonus as a free action once. A weapon can't be infused twice (lasts until next extended rest or until used)
Impart Energy - Recharge a daily magic item. An item can't be recharged twice in a day.
Arcane Rejuvenation - When an ally uses a daily magic item they gain 4 temporary hit points.[/sblock]

Last edited:

WEContact

First Post
Ignatz's good mood, brought on by the pleasures of exploring and the risk of finding a dangerous enemy, evaporates instantly. He's in a box, against his will, and he feels like he's being eaten.

He tries the lid, but it doesn't quite budge. Claustrophobia starts to set in, and, naturally, Ignatz panics. The toggle switch on his adrenaline switches again, and he cuts loose. The half-orc roars and thrashes and wrenches open his little prison, panting, and looks around wildly to get his bearings.

[sblock=Actions]
No Action: take 5 necrotic damage, lose 2 temp hp and 3 hp
Move: Escape check 17 FAIL
Minor: Body of the Wolf
Move: Escape check 25 SUCCESS, shift->Q19, if standing in Q19 is possible, otherwise R19
[/sblock]
[sblock=Statblock]Ignatz Jägerkin - Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1
Initiative: +3, Passive perception: 17(18), Passive Insight: 11
AC:17 Fort:16 Ref:14 Will:11
HP: 27/30 Bloodied: 15 Surge value: 7 Surges/day: 10
Speed: 6 squares, AP: 0, Second Wind: unused, Temporary HP: 0
Melee Basic Attack: +6 vs AC, 2d6+4 brutal 1 (Claw: +7, 1d8+4)
Powers: Body of the Wolf, Howling Strike, Pressing Strike
Furious Assault, Swift Charge, Desperate Fury
Thunder Hooves Rage[/sblock]

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Match Two: The Jade Tomb, Round 7

Inside the barrel, Corragan finds a potion labeled "fore Heling".

Ignatz scraps and claws his way out of the coffin, but is still stuck in the room while everyone else is enjoying the silence after the shrieking ghost is gone.

Beyond the shimmering ceiling of force, the crowd seem to be hushed, watching with anticipation to see what happens next.

GM: Carragan found a Healing Potion.

@WEContact , where did Ignatz get the 2 THP? I missed that.

[sblock=Combatants]-Party-
Corragan: U11, 19/28hp
Sha'kar: U10, 25/30hp
Rilissa: U13, 25/27hp, +1 AC
Ignatz: U15, 27/30hp, Crypt Trap
Dina: U12, 24/24hp, +3 Crypt Ward

-Enemy-
Jade Ghost: Dispersed
Jade Ghost(Undead): Minion. AC 19, Fort 16, Ref 18, Will 18. MBA: +8 vs Fort, 5 force damage and slowed(save ends). If the target is slowed already, the attack does +2 damage and the target is immobilized(save ends) instead of slowed. Spectral Resistance(Free, when reduced to 0 hp): The Jade Ghost makes a saving throw. On a success, the Jade Ghost gains 1 hp.

Effect Key: location, hp/max hp, damage related, TenT or TsnT, conditional, save ends, encounter[/sblock]

[sblock=Traps][sblock=Disarming the Traps]If you want to try to disable a trap, feel free to be creative and/or ask questions as I'm not posting specific solutions. It's not required to disable the traps, but it should be possible for each of them.[/sblock]

[sblock=Incense Burner Trap]Anyone who enters the room or starts their turn in it takes an attack: +3 vs Fort, 1d6+4 poison damage and 5 ongoing poison damage and weakened(save ends both). Characters can ward themselves against the trap with Heal or Endurance.[/sblock]

[sblock=Crypt Trap]Anyone who enters the room or starts their turn in it takes an attack: +3 vs Will, teleport into whichever coffin has less people in it (north if both have same). At the start of each turn inside the coffin, characters take 5 necrotic damage. Characters can ward themselves against the trap with Arcana or Religion.

Arcana or Religion DC18 as minor action - once per round each - or Athletics 18 as move action allow the character to escape. Characters on the outside can make make aid another skill checks as a minor action(DC10 since you are first level) to help people inside whichever tomb you are adjacent to and people in the same tomb can aid each other.

Arcana aids effect Arcana checks, Religion aids Religion checks, Athletics aids effect Athletics checks of everyone inside.[/sblock]

[sblock=Trap Warding]As a minor action, make a DC10 check with the skills listed in the trap to ward yourself or help ward an adjacent character against the trap until the end of your next turn. If you beat the DC, the target gains +1 to their Fort defense against the burner, +1 per 5 over the DC.[/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=Tomb Room]Chest: There is a closed chest in the room. It may or may not be locked, won't know until you try to open it.[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain]Stairs: The stairs take a move action to ascend (enter the map) or descend (leave the map).

Walls: The walls are fairly rough, DC 18 to climb. The arena is 2 squares tall with a forcefield shimmering over the top to keep the gladiators (read: you) in the arena.

Hallways: Hallways contain a mist that is light obscurement; anything 2 or more squares away is concealed, anything beyond has total concealment (can't be seen).[/sblock]

[sblock=Special Rules][sblock=Appease the Crowd]
*As a minor action, a PC may make a skill check to wow the crowd. If they succeed at the check, they gain +2 to their next d20 roll if they beat the DC, plus +2 per 5 by which they beat the DC. If the check is failed, the PC takes a -2 penalty to their next d20 roll, -2 more per 5 by which they miss the DC.

I.E, if the DC is 15, 1-5 would be -6, 6-10 would be -4, 11-14 would be -2, 15-19 would be +2, etc.

*All skill DCs will start at 15 and each individual skill's DC goes up by 2 per time the skill is used as the crowd gets more jaded. The DCs go up at the end of the round in which they are used. The DCs do not drop between arena rounds.

*Any skill can be used, as long as the player can provide relevant character action to back up the roll.

Current Skill DCs:
Athletics: 17
Endurance: 17
Heal: 17
History: 17
Perception: 17
Religion: 17
Others: 15[/sblock]

[sblock=The Jade Tomb]Treasures: To win, the group must find, collect, and escape with the three treasures.[/sblock][/sblock]

Attachments

• Jade Tomb Round 7.jpg
    Jade Tomb Round 7.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 61

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases