• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Lamentation of Lolth - Chapter II

Manzanita

First Post
Drogo

"Well, let's take the Kama and the flask & keep moving. I suspect we will find the perpetrator of this foul deed before long."

Verbatim

Explorer
Turning to face his companions suddenly, Ayden looks at them with anger in his eyes.

"I have come to trust you all in the short time we have been together, and I trust that in your hearts, there is more light than darkness in them, but do not take from this man as if he was cut from the same vein as Applebottom and his hired brigands.

If there is something that the city and its people can gain from taking from this poor soul in his death, then we will do so, and turn it in for those who need it most, but do not take from this house merely to fill your pockets, as I will gladly donate my share of anything we have found to keep thoughts of easy gains from you all."

Making eye contact with everyone near him, Ayden continues feeling his anger cooling as quickly as it began.

"As I have said before, we do not all travel together for the same reasons, but know that no good can ever be gained out of taking advantage of someone's misfortune."

His anger spent, Ayden turned around and headed out of the small house praying to his Uncle that they did indeed come across whomever had forced the halfling into the undead prison.

Velmont

First Post
"What? And who told I want to put it in my pocket. I told there is something more worthwhile than letting them burried here. Give it to the poor or to the village so they can rebuild what the lizard have done, I don't give a damn, but that money could do more good than staying buried here... You say your a wise man but you twist my words. That's exaclty why Felmir is a better companion than any one of you. I'll remember that."

On that, Sielwoodan get out of the hut.

"If you don't want to get lost, I suggest you to follow me."

Last edited:

Verbatim

Explorer
"If that is what your words meant, then say them as such. All of my days, I watched as the pursuit of coins and the false happiness of their gains ate its way into those around me. It was like a cancer that none admitted they possessed, but all knew was truly there. And never once have I proclaimed to be a wise man, thus far, all I have truly been is three steps behind you all, as nothing in my life trained me for trekking through a swamp smelling like the ass end of a butcher's shop."

As Sielwoodan stormed past him, Ayden sighed deeply to himself.

~I guess the Wyvernspur curse truly does live on in me as well Uncle...~

Manzanita

First Post
Drogo

"The dead have no use for such trinkets. We halflings know what really matters in life, family, good food, a comfortable home, honorable deeds, a worthy reputation. We do not bury weapons and pearls with our bodies. Let us take what the poor man no longer needs, and use it to help those such as himself. Our reasons for this travel are not identical, perhaps, friend Ayden, but I think we are all of the same mind on the important things. Come, let us go in peace."

Verbatim

Explorer
Manzanita said:
"The dead have no use for such trinkets. We halflings know what really matters in life, family, good food, a comfortable home, honorable deeds, a worthy reputation. We do not bury weapons and pearls with our bodies. Let us take what the poor man no longer needs, and use it to help those such as himself. Our reasons for this travel are not identical, perhaps, friend Ayden, but I think we are all of the same mind on the important things. Come, let us go in peace."

Feeling foolish for his tempermental outbreak, Ayden nodded his head and walked out the door with the others hoping that Sielwoodan would not accidentily lead him into a patch of swamp briars.

~Although if he did, I can't say I didn't bring it upon myself...~

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads