The Long Journey Home

Ray_Ray

First Post
Rey watched her brother head out to do something, deciding it would be fine to let him wander for a bit... she might even get a funny story when his terrible pick up lines land him in hot water. She took out her data pad, familiarizing herself with the layout as she wandered, trying to find a specific room, where was it? She needed some tactical simulations run and doing it on the tiny computer she had available would take far to long, the ones they had on board would do a far better job being part of the military gave a girl fun toys to play with after all.

She drew up as much information about the previous battle as she could access, enemy numbers, composition and location, the speed of enemy craft in motion, the speed of their would be Ally craft, perhaps she could give a rough idea of the operational range of that pop music blaring ship.

"Right indeed. In these first days of the voyage we've already had several incidents involving Paksis that go beyond anything that I know about it and as far as I know our greater knowledge of it at all. There is the cores' shift, the change in the MDAs 'the reason I asked you here Meia' and the existence of an unidentified being or force that can also manipulate Paksis. I thought it prudent to work out what is going on with the Paksis or if it's just different now that we are in deep space." Aleksandra said quite seriously.

"For the safety of the ship we should really work out if this is a danger or a threat. We can't have technology that we depend on for survival suddenly failing work to our expectations." She stopped, taking a mouthful of food.

--------------------------------------

Olga whizzed towards the sports centre. When she got there she looked around briefly, spotting Ghost she hovered over.

"Hey there Captain." she chirped happily "I didn't think you had the shoulders for bar work, colour me impressed."

J. D. Tsuba

First Post
@ Universal_Narration
So be it, If that is your wish, I shall deactivate you. First, could you please answer a few questions, do your species have a name, what should I call you that is? how many other scavenging races are out there, and how/why did one of them join with one of our captains to help us?

"fair enough Mr Schafer, that is a reasonable and most sensible request."
For the next hour and a half they talk and confer over the various consoles, brainstorming ideas and strategies for evasion techniques as well as general purpose cartography.
once they finish discussing perihelion orbital entry and methods of safe atmospheric braking into unknown skies for a large troop transport, they come to a natural pause.
"well that's about all I can help you with without being here and doing it myself. I believe you to be a capable man though and I'm sure you won't have a problem, I will be heading to the mess next, I somehow forgot to have breakfast this morning. Care to join me for an late breakfast?"

Hanger bay

"Ah we would need to stealthily however the 'master' of this dungeon owes me a favour. So we get a free use of one of the dungeon's minions" Sarah then whispers "As long as we don't break it, don't worry I'll fix it if something goes kaboom." Sarah puts her hands behind her head then uses one of her feet to scratch the back of her other leg.

"So... shall we give this a shot?"

Research Centre

Damiano looks at Arthur confused. "Name an element? Wait you don't mean...no can't be..." He looks at the object in your hand. "Well I'll be, I really wonder where it got that from? Could call it Campbellium for the moment, you found it after all."

You stash some away.

Research Cupboard

I will answer what I can without damaging the potential of the others. I am a harvester. When you say one of them joined with your 'captain' I suspect you mean the Paksis fusion. We are incapable of doing that, those who know how to perform Paksis fusion hunt us. I will not divulge our numbers, that would damage the potential for surprise from the others.

Raymond following girls, trial 1 of ?

The lady laughs. "My name is Ezra. My friend is Clarissa." Ezra ponders for a moment "Sure I could join you for a drink if you'd like, though I wonder which ship synergy are we talking about here?" She stifles a laugh. "Though I can only join you at the end of the cycle, I need to be on the bridge to maintain comms. If you just wish to talk though you can come aboard the bridge, it is very quiet at the moment. Aside from Bart's loud mouth that is, you get used to that though."

Sports hall

When Olga reaches ghost she feels something burrowing into her files searching for something. If a VI could feel pain she's feeling something like that right about now.

Fedor smiles. "Yes indeed, you really don't know a person until you've worked up a sweat in their presence. I'm sure seeing that from you will be something to behold, something I'd most like to see." Fedor leads you to the sports hall where you see mostly members of Starseeker working out. You spy a familiar face, Olga is next to 'Ghost' who is performing chin ups.

Fedor takes of his lab coat so that is just the jumpsuit uniform left. "So, shall we?

Mess hall

Tami presses her glasses towards her face. "We can definitely find out a bit more what is going on with the Paksis, the problem is regardless of what we do if we find it to be a threat there is very little we can do about it. This ship physically can not run without the Paksis, as all the movements are controlled by a Paksis focus. That focus being Bart. If it is dangerous, hampering it's ability in any way will get us stranded. If it is dangerous and we don't do anything it may do something bad and we're doomed anyway. So it's a lose-lose situation if we find it to be a problem, we just have to pray that these new things it is exhibiting aren't threatening."

Meia shrugs "The MDAs that Echo and Sierra squad are noticeably different now yes, however the Epislon suits are still the only ones that exhibit paksis activity. I am guesses the Paksis of the ship molded the MDAs to those specifications though I do not know why or how for that matter."

Tami continues "That unidentified ship that could manipulate paksis might be a danger but it did turn the tide of battle for us. Why it did is what I'm wondering."

Tactics room

The Wanderer and the boarding ships were not in motion during the fight. As the Wanderer came to a stop as soon as its engines were attacked so it is hard to predict the speed of the boarding ships. However the attack ship's speed and momentum suggest that it knew about the battle before the Wanderer picked it up on Radar since it was alright at what is presumed to be it's top speed when it reached Radar range. At the very least it means the operational intercepting range of the attack ship is beyond the Radar of the Wanderer.

Enemy numbers would suggest that one of those boarding ships could hold up to 50 robots of varying sizes, whether there was 50 on board was not confirmed.

Navigator Room

Hans seems satisfied that you know your way around the hall. "Yes, a good breakfast will make those brain chemicals work. Maybe after which we can analyse our next destination with your help. As well as the help of the rest of the Planetside team, as I understand it exploring one of those planets is a choice to be made by your group. Correct?"

Mikhail Zhukov

First Post
Mikhail stops for a second considering something then suddenly put both his hands onto his head rustling up his hear mercilessly destroying any remainders of a haircut he still had.

Ah what the hell, it is not like I was planing to live forever!

He put his hands into pockets and continued walking towards their destination.

I guess we are going to be dealing with SH-37 "Firefox"? We can get to the wiring we need through the panel behind pilot seat. This way the adapter wont get in the way. Plus we can physical disable all the externals through there as well, I wouldn't trust a simple software block.

He suddenly stopped talking and chuckled slightly, his focus shifting from Sarah.

Наши воспоминания о Дубае сильно отличаются.(I think we remember Dubai very differently)

He refocused on Sarah.

So lets do this!

Ray_Ray

First Post
Rey took the simulation, the numbers, the known firepower, running it through simulation after simulation, trying different tactics and positioning trying figure out if this was how you would organise an attack on the ship. Meanwhile she brought up any communication or seeming background noise found during the conflict, trying her best to figure if there was any pattern to the noises, a linguistic base they could use.

OOC:
Sean rolled for this in front of Declan
8 on Counter tactics vs a 6
6 on linguistics vs a 7
Willing to spend up to 3 Destiny points on each to get anything :)

Alexander smiles as he walks into the Sports hall; finally, he had somewhere he could truly relax.

"We shall indeed! GRRR"

One could have sworn he was wearing his military jacket, but as they turn to face the Captain of Echo squad, he was now stripped to his waist, his banks of rippling abdominal might flexing at the mere prospect of a challenge, and his jacket was discarded onto the floor. Grunting, he stretched out his muscles, each pose making his musculature bulge to levels that seem impossible on a human frame.

"Oh, the possibilities! A new Gym! I shall have to concoct a new workout at once! And my fellow soldiers in here can all help me, of course! Each and every one of you can join me to test their endurance and virtuousness against the raw power and magnificence that is the Bauhdric technique!"

He speaks louder, looking to any members of Starseeker in the sports hall, gesturing to them as he pumped his biceps, a serious look in his eyes. Alexander took his workouts seriously.

"But alas! My manners! Where would you like to start Fedor? I shall leave the honour of deciding our first activity to you. I always like to defer to trained personnel, and who more trained than the architects of the body themselves, the medical profession!"

'Ghost'

First Post
As Olga drifts nearby ghost finishes up his work-out on the bars. Using his momentum he pushes himself up to a hand stand position atop the bars, after which he swings downwards looping the bars twice releasing on his second circuit and somersaulting through the air to land on the mat just in front of him. Looking towards Olga...

There's a lot of things people don't know about me, so what brings you here Olga? Sarah is currently deactivated, private Zhukova doesn't need my attention otherwise she would have contacted me, and after your last outburst I thought I would be the last person you'd want to see, let alone compliment.

He picks up a nearby towel and wipes the sweat away from his brow, looking over he spots Alexander, and taking a short breather from his exercise he watches, curious to see just how strong the Bauhdric line was. He had heard enough rumours and the captain's physique would certainly suggest they're true, or at least some part of them is. Though it was just hearsay, soldier gossip, which often lacks reliability.

OOC: I'm assuming the previous action requires some sort of roll from me soooo:

Upper Body: Crit pass (6 DoS)
Acrobatics: 1 DoS
Lower: 4 DoS
Bravery: 1 DoS

Also this is anime based so crazy dismounts are a-ok XD

J. D. Tsuba

First Post
[MENTION=6699115]Universal_narration[/MENTION]
What do you know of the hunters then? are they many in number? what are their goals?
While they walk to the mess hall they continue the conversation
"Indeed, although I believe the higher ups have the last say. In this situation however it would be foolish of them not to respect the opinions of every scientific mind on this vessel; we must be careful of our choice, our lives depend on it."

as they sit down and J.D starts eating his Wheat biscuits and Soya milk he asks,
"Well then Mr Schafer, what destinations are possible from our current position? what sort of choice are we looking at for planets to land on?"

Ray Ray

First Post
"The names Raymond... And I'd be delighted to join you on the bridge for a chat. Ezra, Clarissa... those are pretty names, ey? Where are ya'll from?" He asks, continuing to follow them.

Remove ads