TSR The Lost City - Goodman Games Next Classic TSR Adventure Revisited

From their GenCon Livestream on Facebook, Goodman Games has announced the next of their Original Adventures Reincarnated will be 1982's The Lost City by Tom Moldvay. This follows the big hardcovers of Into the Borderlands, The Isle of Dread, and Expedition to the Barrier Peaks. The Lost City takes place within a massive pyramid in a city buried in the desert, and was originally a 32-page...

From their GenCon Livestream on Facebook, Goodman Games has announced the next of their Original Adventures Reincarnated will be 1982's The Lost City by Tom Moldvay. This follows the big hardcovers of Into the Borderlands, The Isle of Dread, and Expedition to the Barrier Peaks.

17084.jpg

The Lost City takes place within a massive pyramid in a city buried in the desert, and was originally a 32-page module. Goodman Games takes these old modules and presents the original plus a 5th Edition update and other materials in a big compiled hardcover.

darjr

I crit!
In the stream they’ve said there is a list of them they want to do. They picked this because Mike Mearls was really excited for it.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
In the stream they’ve said there is a list of them they want to do. They picked this because Mike Mearls was really excited for it.

It's a legit module, for sure, but probably not destined for a more mainstream WotC book like Ghosts of Saltmarsh. I do have a used copy of this, so I'm not sure I'll buy this one.

JeffB

Legend
Another Moldvay Masterpiece. I am super excited for this. This adventure always plays out so differently and is really a mini setting/campaign. I so wish Tom was still with us through the rise of the OSR and D&D's comeback.

Now if they can just tackle his revision of B3, and Chateau.

And surely Zeb's X4/X5 next :)

Sacrosanct

Legend
You know, I never actually played that module. No idea how it ever got ignored, but never actually played it (I started in 1981, so it was available as current). I’ve heard rave reviews about it, so I am very interested in seeing how the remake is done.

Any release date on this? I know Expedition to the Barrier Peaks comes out in December, so I'm assuming this'll be released in the first half of next year sometime.

You know, I never actually played that module. No idea how it ever got ignored, but never actually played it (I started in 1981, so it was available as current). I’ve heard rave reviews about it, so I am very interested in seeing how the remake is done.

if you ever do run it... be prepared to put some work into the bottom levels. The top levels are fairly well done and detailed (particularly the city's human inhabitants). The lower levels are rather sparse on notes, and have a lot of 'random critters here and there, just chilling'...

Sacrosanct

Legend
if you ever do run it... be prepared to put some work into the bottom levels. The top levels are fairly well done and detailed (particularly the city's human inhabitants). The lower levels are rather sparse on notes, and have a lot of 'random critters here and there, just chilling'...

OH, over the years I've scanned through it and definitely got the B1 Search of the Unknown vibe. I've been writing adventures for decades, so I'm not worried about that. I'm curious to see how they handle it. I will say, I am not all that thrilled with how they are taking these classic modules and putting them in 400 page books though. That's just too much. Defeats the purpose of modules (short one shots).

Remove ads

Remove ads