TSR The Lost City - Goodman Games Next Classic TSR Adventure Revisited

From their GenCon Livestream on Facebook, Goodman Games has announced the next of their Original Adventures Reincarnated will be 1982's The Lost City by Tom Moldvay. This follows the big hardcovers of Into the Borderlands, The Isle of Dread, and Expedition to the Barrier Peaks.

17084.jpg

The Lost City takes place within a massive pyramid in a city buried in the desert, and was originally a 32-page module. Goodman Games takes these old modules and presents the original plus a 5th Edition update and other materials in a big compiled hardcover.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
My burning question: when are they going to give The Forest Oracle the full treatment? With essays from prominent EN posters of course.

Kidding aside, I am excited to see this. Their work on X1 and B1/B2 was excellent IMO.

I still would love to see them update Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth and Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun. Seems right up their S&S alley. But maybe WotC is holding on to those for a Greyhawk release, along with the slavers series.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I still would love to see them update Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth and Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun. Seems right up their S&S alley. But maybe WotC is holding on to those for a Greyhawk release, along with the slavers series.
Putting those two together does seem like the way to approach the material. I like Parmandur's suggestion of attaching it to the other Elder Elemental God content in T1 and T1-4. But that also feels like way more explicit commitment to Greyhawk than WotC has done in 5E. I wouldn't expect anything like that until such time as they wanted to open the Greyhawk floodgates on DMs Guild.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
My burning question: when are they going to give The Forest Oracle the full treatment? With essays from prominent EN posters of course.

Kidding aside, I am excited to see this. Their work on X1 and B1/B2 was excellent IMO.

So, at one point, S3 was going to be WG3, with T1 bring changed to WG1 and a Gygax written WG2: Temple of Elemental Evil. This plan was cut short when Gygax was ousted, but that seems the basis for a WotC release.

Dragonlance seems like a probable WotC re-do, as well.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Putting those two together does seem like the way to approach the material. I like Parmandur's suggestion of attaching it to the other Elder Elemental God content in T1 and T1-4. But that also feels like way more explicit commitment to Greyhawk than WotC has done in 5E. I wouldn't expect anything like that until such time as they wanted to open the Greyhawk floodgates on DMs Guild.

On the other hand, see Ghosts of Saltmarsh, and Mearls talking up Greyhawk. Using Greyhawk as the generic setting for classic reprints, as GoS does with gusto, seems natural.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases