The mandalorian [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horwath

Legend
You want to be very careful making comments about the holocaust and related topics in Hollywood, and even more-so when your working for Lucasfilm and Disney (the latter of which has been trying to distance itself from allegations and rumors of Walts supposed antisemitism and racially stereotyped earlier films for decades).

She didnt go full Mel Gibson, but sheesh. She shoulda known better.
Maybe I am missing the whole text that she wrote(and this was kind of in bad taste), she never said anything against the Jews.

She just said that discrimination and violence starts when you are demonising certain group of people on whatever terms you feel that you can make majority(or minority) of people to hate them.
When you dehumanise someone, you make it easy for others to harm them. I am not saying that that will ever happen in US again, it's just a lesson that we have in history confirmed many times.

Now, disclaimer; personally, most of "trumpers" are now(and before) out of their minds. And as trump wasn't the worse US president ever, he is rather hardly a person that you should risk your health, freedom or life. And neither is Joe.

maybe Americans are just mad that out of 350 million people their choice was Biden or Trump :sick:

And also, her remarks on masks were dumb as "#$%. But maybe she is using good old wisdom: Never, ever believe anything your government tells you, until you verify it by yourself(what ever method you believe is accurate for that).

Maybe I am missing the whole text that she wrote(and this was kind of in bad taste), she never said anything against the Jews
No, she was comparing and conflating the criticism and censorship of views on COVID denial, transphobia, elections being 'stolen' and similar stuff you find commonly spruiked on Parler and 4Chan and similar sites ('Alt-right' type views) with the persecution of the Jews by the Nazis.

The reality is (of course) that it was people who share those same very right wing views that were responsible for the holocaust in the first place.

Her comments were no-where near as bad as Mel Gibsons virulent antisemitism, but of all places to say that kind of ignorant naughty word, Hollywood is the last place you want to be doing it.

When you dehumanise someone, you make it easy for others to harm them.

This is a woman that dehumanized trans people wither her 'Beep/ Bop/ Boop' comment remember?

Horwath

Legend
No, she was comparing and conflating the criticism and censorship of views on COVID denial, transphobia, elections being 'stolen' and similar stuff you find commonly spruiked on Parler and 4Chan and similar sites ('Alt-right' type views) with the persecution of the Jews by the Nazis.

The reality is (of course) that it was people who share those same very right wing views that were responsible for the holocaust in the first place.

Her comments were no-where near as bad as Mel Gibsons virulent antisemitism, but of all places to say that kind of ignorant naughty word, Hollywood is the last place you want to be doing it.

This is a woman that dehumanized trans people wither her 'Beep/ Bop/ Boop' comment remember?
As I am currently at work with the (frakking) mask on, and I'm getting my vaccine ASAP, I am not a COVID denier, however, people should not be censored for they opinion on the subject.
Youtube and other platforms should just put some kind of disclaimer or watermark for those kind of BS videos/posts.

or as Tyrion said:

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.”

and the world needs to hear their BS so we can have a good laugh at them :D

And yes, I have seen her Beep/ Bop/ Boop comment, and it was not aimed against any trans people.
She was attacked that she is transphobic as she did not put any personal pronouns in her twitter bio. And that is her free choice to do so or not to.

Then after repeated attacks she put the before mentioned pronouns in her bio.

And she has clearly said that she has nothing against trans people, but that their representatives should be less abusive.

Take the political essays elsewhere, please. There's no politic or religion here.
the problem with cancelling her is you are only cancelling one side of the argument

4 years ago many many hollywood celebrities said a certain person stole the election-no real facts 2 that
The O was against the LGBQT movement before he was for it and said a horrible thing on late night tv about special olympic people .
certain politicians have promoted violence against republicans (Maxine Waters). There no allowance for violence talk but yet there it is
Nobody batted an eye at Johhny Depp or Madonna for talking violence. Depp is in trouble for unrelated stuff
Nobody batted an eye for the current president wanting to take the former president and beat the blank out of him. Can you imagine if T said it about O????
The current president got caught plagurizing speechs almost word for word
We had a bernie supporter shoot up a baseball field of people. Did one person on that side of the aisle get any kind of finger wagging or aybe its time to turn down the Rheotoric
Omar basically dismissed the actions of 911
Brian Williams made up lots of stories in the news
Cortez just got caught making up stories about being at the capital riots and wasn't even there
Warren made up that he was an American indian
Bill slept with an intern in the oval office and yet is mostly beloved
Theres an entire movement that talks about killing cops. Lets be real if there was someone at that movement would they be cancelled. Would a major bank be allowed to share the information of people who were at that movement

How many in hollywoood/Washington have said that Orange man was hitler and this was Nazi Germany. didn't see one person getting cancelled for that.

Theres talk of labeling all T supporters terrorists. where is the outrage!

Seems to me we have suddenly allowed big corporations to run our lives and basically twitter mobs to decide whos opinion is allowed

the owner of the mavericks had an opinion that there would be no national anthem at games until suddenly the corporation said no. Question is why did the corporation say no?

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
As I am currently at work with the (frakking) mask on, and I'm getting my vaccine ASAP, I am not a COVID denier, however, people should not be censored for they opinion on the subject.
She wasn't censored. She wasn't punished by the government - she was held accountable by an employer who chose to end that relationship because of her statements. Bottom line, don't try to compare yourself with Holocaust victims when the opinions you're spouting and getting criticized for are shared by violent racists and anti-Semites.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
maybe Americans are just mad that out of 350 million people their choice was Biden or Trump :sick:

Mod Note:
Please note that real-world politics are not what this thread should be about.

Folks, let me give this warning in a way that will be most clear - I haven't watched Season 2 of Mandalorian yet, though I intend to. If I have to risk spoilers because one of you jokers can't keep to appropriate discussion, I shall be very unhappy with you. Very. Unhappy.

So, I really suggest all of you drop the politics now, while you still can.

Marandahir

Crown-Forester (he/him)
/Deleted because I want us to move on.

Recast her with Lucy Lawless whose social media reception has been on the upswing.
And yes, this. My spouse and I were just saying this last night. Or maybe Xena can be a similar but different Ranger of the New Republic.

Last edited:

Mallus

Legend
Recast her with Lucy Lawless whose social media reception has been on the upswing.
That's... that's... brilliant, man!

I don't think Carano is a good actress, but I liked her on the show. That said, it's heartening to know at least a few things are still beyond the pale. Like comparing yourself to Holocaust victims when you and your people haven't been subjected to an attempted genocide.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads